Ukraine.

Started by Scrumpy, February 14, 2022, 10:41:07 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: crabbyob on February 28, 2022, 11:50:21 AM
i doubt it very much if you think the very rich keep their cash as Roubles..
Putins billions will be in Dollars without a doubt, as will most of the megga rich...

It doesn't matter what currency or where it's kept, it's being seized & they can't move it around & they can't get funds to run their businesses.

It's hurting them massively.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on March 02, 2022, 12:56:17 PM
Google is wonderful and I found this today, unbelievable though it is.

"Israel halted an attempt by the US to transfer several batteries of the Iron Dome defense system to Ukraine over worries it would damage its relations with Russia.   The Ukrainian government officially asked the Biden administration to transfer Patriot and Iron Dome missiles to Ukraine last spring.

At the time, when then there were no worries of a possible Russian invasion, both Democratic and Republican lawmakers supported the transfer.
However, due to Iron Dome being a joint Israeli-American project, a sale to a third party cannot take place without the approval of both developer countries."
Source Times of Israel.

Reasons in part were due to the Israel's complicated relationship with Moscow, and Russia"s position in Syria.
I'm shocked.  Israel of all countries knows what it's like to be under constant attack,
"Reasons in part were due to the Israel's complicated relationship with Moscow, and Russia"s position in Syria.
I'm shocked.  Israel of all countries knows what it's like to be under constant attack,
"

The Jews have always had the 'we're the chosen Children of God & all that matters is we're alright' attitude.

It's this attitude during the Germany depression in the 1920s that made themselves targets for the Nazis.

The Pakistanis are as bad as they've just done deals to buy Russian oil & wheat, no doubt at knock-down prices.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Has anyone seen any footage from the front line yet or actual fighting ?

Scrumpy

No.. Only destroying of buildings..
I spoke to Cassandra today.. It is big news out there.. but he wonders if it is all for real.
' Ukraine everywhere here of course, but as always so little truthful news and accounts on what's really going on.'
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I wonder if it's all for real too.   I watched a documentary from the last trouble in Ukraine, think it was 2014.   It was an eye opener, filmed by a French team so it's sub titles, but I watched it all !!

Scrumpy

So , do you think it is just a ploy to get loads of Ukrainians into Poland. !!

Alex

I forgot to put the link up

I really don't know Scrumps, but something isn't right about the whole thing. Apart of course Putin had no right to attack .  Maybe it's my age I don't trust anyone  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Jacqueline

One thing I have learned in this life, is many things are not what they seem.  Have they all got ulterior motives, but your life they have but the Ukranian guy look genuine to me, and who would trust Putin? But I don't think the poor people would flee for their lives for nothing.

Diasi

The video clips of Ukraine in 2014 & 2016 have bugger-all to do with Putin's illegal war except that they show it's always been his intention.

Any suggestion that this war is stage-managed & isn't actually happening is an insult to the term conspiracy theory which always have some degree of credibility.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I am very sad for them.. Seeing the faces of the people fleeing their country is heartbreaking.. The children in their colourful bobble hats holding a cuddly toy .. not knowing what is happening.. This is not just a 'few days off school'...

Michael Rolls

It looks as though Putin is going to get away with this - and if he succeeds in the Ukraine, might he then think about reclaiming Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia for a rebirth of the USSR?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I hope not. All NATO members.

Scrumpy

I often wonder what my Mum or Sam would think of all this had they been here..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

I was thankful in a way about my mum not being here during covid as it would have scared her so much, now this I am begining to wish I wasn't here either.