I'm a fan already!!

Started by Scrumpy, Today at 01:28:01 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

There is this political party talking about what they are going to do if they get voted in at the next election..

I goes something like.. Lower taxes.. Scrap inheritance tax.. stop the (visitors)..
Help our young get jobs (hooray)!!
I am sure there are many.. many more promises.. But alas I dozed off..

They called themselves The Conservative Party..
  I knew someone would rescue us... and make Britain great again..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Yeeees. I saw that too. I suppose the obvious question is why didn't you do all that good stuff during the decade plus you were in power until you were slung out on your arses for being useless.

They'll never get another vote from me unless it's one deciding which lot will be first against the wall and then they'd likely come second.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on Today at 01:33:30 PMYeeees. I saw that too. I suppose the obvious question is why didn't you do all that good stuff during the decade plus you were in power until you were slung out on your arses for being useless.

They'll never get another vote from me unless it's one deciding which lot will be first against the wall and then they'd likely come second.

True.   :upvote:

Alex

On the radio they're saying it was a good speech.  It probably was as she was surrounded by Tories, but she had a go at Reform, big mistake.  If you're trying to win back defectors you don't hit out at the party they defected to.

Dextrous63

Are they going to take out a whopping great biggly utterly ginormous hugest and bestest like no one in the world has ever seen .. consolidation loan to pay for all this, buying a mercenary (and vicious) army to protect our borders, create a new industry of human-throwing trebuchets to rid of illegal and criminal immigrants etc etc etc?

If so, then they can count on my vote...

Scrumpy

That's TWO votes already...
At this rate they will romp it.. 
I am so happy...
It has been all doom and gloom for so long..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Dextrous63


Vlad

When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything, there are no more answers, only better and better lies, and only lies won't help us.
It's Baldrickian in its depth of cunning.

Dextrous63

Quote from: Vlad on Today at 04:54:34 PMWhen enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything, there are no more answers, only better and better lies, and only lies won't help us.
It's Baldrickian in its depth of cunning.
The standard answer during the ceremony is actually "I do".  😬😬😬

morty

You know .... I'm wondering whether politicians are becoming more smarmily insincere sounding or always have done and we, the great voting public are just getting wise to their lies. 

Dextrous63

There are only so many times one can bear to be lied to before the penny drops.

klondike

Especilly when its the same old lie.

Just saw a Jacob Rees Mogg video on Youtube. He was most effusive and seems to believe that her conference performance clearly demonstrates an end to the uniparty. He is doubtless hoping this will see all their deserters flooding back. Most of the time I think he gets things right but on tis issue I'm pretty sure he will be disappointed.

Dextrous63

I think he's recently said he was going to stand for election again (correct me if I'm wrong), so he has to start playing the game again, I guess.

klondike

His views are closer to Reform than they are to the Conservative party he served in. I think he hopes that the Conservative party will move towards his views. I think he'll be disappointed there too.

The Conservatives do have 200 years of experience in getting elected and a fair portion of that being in government. Reform do have a lot of catching up to be able to produce a successful government and that is troubling because the two parties who do have experience in governing have both made a pigs ear of the job pretty much all of my lifetime. Yes we are all better off than we were but we have fallen behind other countries imo.

Dextrous63

I'm trying to recall something Ronald Reagan said before he became president.   It was along the lines of people look to the government to solve problems, overlooking the fact that it is usually the government who are, and who create the problems.

He was right then, and his words ring true today, imho.