Standing on one leg

Started by Flying Bomb, October 07, 2026, 08:28:13 AM

« previous - next »

Dextrous63

Totally agree about uber (Bolt is a similar company with app and payment methods and sometimes cheaper).

We're about 10 mins walk from a tram stop, which is useful for Wythenshawe hospital now and again.

It's a pity that there's not a tram going from Parrswood along Kingsway and somehow making its way down to Wilmslow/Oxford Road.  The train is ok if you want to get into town, but it misses out some mightily useful places.

Pity that it's not really possible to defer insurance and road tax for your car while it's not being used.  It would help offset taxi costs a bit.

JBR

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 02:58:38 PMPity that it's not really possible to defer insurance and road tax for your car while it's not being used.  It would help offset taxi costs a bit.
Absolutely.  Marge is going back to the hospital next Friday and we're hoping that they'll give her the OK to rotate her wrist, which she has been told never to do even with a backslab on.  We're also hoping they'll tell her that she can begin to drive again.

I have already suggested that I can still drive, but on the provision that she can sit next to me and shout immediate instructions/orders if she thinks I'm going wrong!
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Quote from: JBR on Today at 06:23:39 PMI have already suggested that I can still drive, but on the provision that she can sit next to me and shout immediate instructions/orders if she thinks I'm going wrong!
Isn't that compulsory anyway for wives?

Dextrous63

JB, I assume that I've missed previous posts (due to my 6 or so months sabbatical) about Marge's wrist damage.  Can you give me a clue as to where about on here they might be so I can get myself up to speed?