American woman survives euthanasia

Started by Mups, October 01, 2026, 08:05:04 PM

« previous - next »

morty

I never fail to be amazed how long inmates are left on Death row.

Dextrous63

I wonder how many die while waiting to be killed.  

morty

And there's us ...kicking ours out because of overcrowding and yet they languish for decades.

muddy

Quote from: Ruthio on Yesterday at 04:46:08 PMI'm not making excuses for what she did, but I wonder how many bother to know this about her life...

Quite a lot I would say seeing as it has been reported all over the place .
Lots of people have sad lives and abusive childhoods .
They don't however all go on to be sadistic murderers .

Mups

#64
Quote from: morty on Yesterday at 05:19:54 PMI never fail to be amazed how long inmates are left on Death row.
I fully agree, Morty.  


Yesterday at 09:52:56 PM
Quote from: Dextrous63 on Yesterday at 05:47:26 PMI wonder how many die while waiting to be killed. 
Good question, Dex.  

Dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 09:51:55 PMYesterday at 09:52:56 PMGood question, Dex. 

Just looked it up Mups.  Seems that 25-30% die of natural causes, suicide or other non punishment related incidents (I guess that mean accidents or fights or attacks 🤷🏻�♂️)

Mups

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Yesterday at 10:08:18 PMJust looked it up Mups.  Seems that 25-30% die of natural causes, suicide or other non punishment related incidents (I guess that mean accidents or fights or attacks 🤷🏻�♂️)
I guess that saves the authorities having to do it.
It seems all wrong though.

muddy

#67
It's because if their endless appeal system .

As opposed to what happened in the U.K. when CP was in force.

Eg Derek Bentley with a mental age of around 11 and was in police custody at the time his younger friend shot and killed a policeman was hanged 7 weeks  after his conviction .

( a terrible miscarriage of justice IMO )

Scrumpy

QuoteI never fail to be amazed how long inmates are left on Death row.
That is a punishment in itself.. 
Days.. months.. years.. never knowing if today will be the day.. Mental torture.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..