American woman survives euthanasia

Started by Mups, Yesterday at 08:05:04 PM

« previous - next »

Dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on Today at 08:26:38 PMWell it didn't used to be like that on here !
I know.  The sooner it can return to general pleasantries with the occasional respectful discussions/debates, the better imho.

Many of us inhabit other forums in common where, er, "robust" things go on.  No real need to replicate stuff onto this place of friendly sanctuary, or at least not on such a frequent and seemingly obsessive bases. IMHO 🙂

Alex


Dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on Today at 08:50:18 PMI wonder what's changed ?
That's the burning question.  Which brings us loosely back to topic.... burning at the stake.  Doubtful that too many made a comeback after that.

morty

Quote from: Alex on Today at 08:50:18 PMI wonder what's changed ?
Don't worry about it Alex. It's already been brought to my attention.
I'm sure it'll soon return to the usual general pleasantries. 

muddy

Quote from: JBR on Today at 06:55:07 PMAbsolutely.  The Yanks may see hanging barbaric, but from what I know of the 'modern' British method of hanging, it results in immediate death by instantly removing any neural connection of the brain and the body, by snapping the top of the cervical vertebrae.

I suppose that if a person was hanged incorrectly, they could suffer a slow death by asphyxia.

Perhaps an expert might suggest that it would take a certain time for the person (correctly) hanged to actually realise that they have died?
I think it had to be a real expert like Pierrepoint who took great pains ( no pun intended ) to make sure his clients were dispatched humanely .
He calculated the weight needed to make death almost instant .
 

Dextrous63

Think it was the drop length rather than the weight 🤷🏻�♂️

muddy

Quote from: Mups on Today at 01:43:22 PMYes,  I think that trying a third time would have been the answer, rather than sending her to hospital to be made better before they try again!

I have heard nothing about why the drug didn't even work after two attempts though.



This was probably the case of an incompetent doctor who couldn't find the vein so the euthanasia was going into the tissue instead of the bloodstream .
It still would have killed her eventually .