American woman survives euthanasia

Started by Mups, Yesterday at 08:05:04 PM

« previous - next »

muddy

#15
They don't always Ashy .
Although it is a way of killing ie Horses it's tricky as the horses skull has hollows and if you don't get the exact spot the horse doesn't die
( I have seen this happen the horse galloped off and as it happened  I found it about an hour ( I was out riding ) later eating grass - there was just a small hole and scarcely any blood)
The vet then injected it , it dropped with the grass still in its mouth )
So euthanasia by injection is often used .
It's instantaneous .
The vet always checks to make sure the heart has stopped beating .
The main advantage of shooting a horse is that its meat can be used for consumption .

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on Today at 08:58:54 AMSo the hospital is trying to save her life so she can be executed again.
Exactly.  

Dextrous63

When Charlie Kirk was assassinated, death was instantaneous.  One would have thought that the technique could be replicated without it being gruesome.

Scrumpy


I am not sorry for her.. She is a killer..

Why not set them free and let cruel trophy hunters have a pop shot at them..!!!!

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 12:06:48 PMI am not sorry for her.. She is a killer..

Why not set them free and let cruel trophy hunters have a pop shot at them..!!!!


😂😂 wicked. 

Dextrous63

With the added advantage of being able to charge the aforementioned hunters with murder, and continue the cycle. 

muddy

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 12:06:48 PMI am not sorry for her.. She is a killer..

Why not set them free and let cruel trophy hunters have a pop shot at them..!!!!


Nor am I they should have just shoved in some more stuff until she carked it.

Mups

Quote from: muddy on Today at 01:31:11 PMNor am I they should have just shoved in some more stuff until she carked it.
Yes,  I think that trying a third time would have been the answer, rather than sending her to hospital to be made better before they try again!

I have heard nothing about why the drug didn't even work after two attempts though.
All I have seen is the following sentence:


An exact explanation for why the drug failed has not yet been released.


Apparently they have also suspended any more 'executions'  for the rest of this year.

I also still don't understand why convicted prisoners on death sentences  are often left for years before the sentence is carried out.   Why?    :hmm:

muddy

Because America is the land of eternal appeal.

Of course sometimes it's right and innocent people are released but in this case there was no doubt whatsoever and it was a particularly sadistic murder .

So why she lasted so long is a mystery .

klondike

Quote from: muddy on Today at 01:31:11 PMNor am I they should have just shoved in some more stuff until she carked it.
Apparently they have very strict but obviously incomplete procedural rules. They cover what to do if the first injection fails but apparently only cover the first failure and hadn't considered it could be botched again on the second try.

They should have included a neck tourniquet in the revival procedure.

morty

You really wouldn't think it would be so difficult to quickly and cleanly despatch someone would you.

klondike

Until the legal profession and government departments get involved it isn't.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 08:31:32 PMThere are apparently problems getting the chemicals used from pharmaceutical companies. They created the gas chamber, the lethal injection and the electric chair as high tech (at the time) replacements for hanging which they considered barbaric. The hanging procedure used by the British was humane if you  can consider any execution humane but cruder methods can be slow and very painful.
Absolutely.  The Yanks may see hanging barbaric, but from what I know of the 'modern' British method of hanging, it results in immediate death by instantly removing any neural connection of the brain and the body, by snapping the top of the cervical vertebrae.

I suppose that if a person was hanged incorrectly, they could suffer a slow death by asphyxia.

Perhaps an expert might suggest that it would take a certain time for the person (correctly) hanged to actually realise that they have died?
Numquam credere Gallicum

Dextrous63

Quote from: morty on Today at 02:41:43 PMYou really wouldn't think it would be so difficult to quickly and cleanly despatch someone would you.
Force them to read some of the threads on these forums.  That should do it!

Alex

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 07:19:46 PMForce them to read some of the threads on these forums.  That should do it!

Well it didn't used to be like that on here !