Grimm.

Started by Raven, February 05, 2022, 08:42:44 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

For those of you who enjoy a police/detective series, one with a twist then have a go with Grimm. It's a 6 Series show with a main story running throughout and with a new story each episode. I really love this series and I'm chuffed to bits that it's on rerun. "Ch 36 Pick" at 10pm each weekday.  :yahoo: Have a look at the trailer.


klondike

I downloaded them when you mentioned it earlier. I'd watched the first Bosch which I was uncertain about and watched the first of them which I found interesting but then I tried the second Bosch before giving up on it and got hooked. I think you recommended that too. 

I may carry on with Grimm but probably need to watch the first again now even if they are individual episodes. I may try Reacher first as that's on Prime. I was going to tonight but the time has slipped away somehow. Not sure how. Some was WhatsApp. Some was here. Some was playing a tablet game. Some was carrying on listening to an audiobook . It's just all go. Phew.

It's good to moan.

zoony

I watched the first series of Grimm and found it a good watch but somewhere along the line it became a bit 'samey' so I stopped.. Must be 5 yrs or more ago~ Same with Bosch.. I'm watching a series called The Brokenwood Mysteries at present..I like it cos it's set in New Zealand. Always nice to see another country in action..

klondike

Odd you say that about Bosch as I felt the same but did stick it out. Same with Vikings and WestWorld. All good series which somehow ran out of steam. I did see on Gogglebox that GoT fans were not best pleased with the ending. I never got past the first couple of episodes but never say never - I could try it again.

It's good to moan.

zoony

'S funny.. I was immensely impressed with GoT from beginning to end. I think their problem was HOW to end it and not rule out another series but perhaps that's what 'prequels' are all about. Which series' did you enjoy all the way through, out of interest?

Michael Rolls

I am another who enjoyed GoT, and another left unsatisfied at the final ending
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: zoony on February 05, 2022, 10:05:05 PM
I watched the first series of Grimm and found it a good watch but somewhere along the line it became a bit 'samey' so I stopped.. Must be 5 yrs or more ago~ Same with Bosch.. I'm watching a series called The Brokenwood Mysteries at present..I like it cos it's set in New Zealand. Always nice to see another country in action..

The first season was really an introduction to the characters, as things progress it gets very dark and scary and all the while the background story grows. Others on the force find out what Nick is and he has helpers, also their boss is a Veson and one of the Royals.

Alex

I only watched a trailer so can't comment on Grimm, but is it kind of science fiction ?
Am I the only person here who has never watched a Game of Thrones episode ? :yahoo: :yahoo: 

klondike

Quote from: zoony on February 06, 2022, 12:32:59 AM
Which series' did you enjoy all the way through, out of interest?
Not really a series as such but I could have taken more Lewis. Or even Midsommer Murders come to that. Looking forward to next Last Kingdom.

It's good to moan.

Jacqueline

Quote from: klondike on February 07, 2022, 04:40:49 PM
Not really a series as such but I could have taken more Lewis. Or even Midsommer Murders come to that. Looking forward to next Last Kingdom.


I wanted a new spin off Hathaway and Lizzy, not going to happen poor old Laurence.

zoony

Ah yes.. Uthred son of Uthred.. I'm a fan.. Lewis and Midsomer too but I fear I've seen 'em all..Watching early Vera at the mo but it seems to be always raining and gloomy.. Glad too see Billions back but it's a bit flat without Ax..

zoony

Quote from: Jacqueline on February 07, 2022, 04:55:53 PM

I wanted a new spin off Hathaway and Lizzy, not going to happen poor old Laurence.


Yes, I thought Hathaway deserved his own series too.. No idea who 'Lizzie' is..

Jacqueline

Quote from: zoony on February 07, 2022, 05:00:03 PM

Yes, I thought Hathaway deserved his own series too.. No idea who 'Lizzie' is..


Lizzy was his new sargent  DS Maddox when he became Inspector,  can't remember her real name, mixed race girl.

zoony

Surely that was Lewis, not Endeavour?

Michael Rolls

Yes - Endeavour is the prequel to Morse
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]