Wordle

Started by Flying Bomb, February 02, 2022, 03:54:15 PM

« previous - next »

Flying Bomb

I played one go at new craze on web, this morning. It's called Wordle and could become addictive so I had one go and got it right.  One's score is kept on net if you return to it.
https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Invented by an Englishman. USA has bought it up.

You are only allowed one go per day !

klondike

I heard something about this on radio news. I'm wondering how they make any money from it.

Something for voters to ponder. ..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

zoony

Quote from: klondike on February 02, 2022, 04:08:16 PM
I heard something about this on radio news. I'm wondering how they make any money from it.

It's a mystery K but the NYT wouldn't've paid a fortune for it if it wasn't worth monetising..

klondike

It's not much different from a word game app. I play several of those from time to time. Perhaps they are hoping it will bring visitors.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Alex

I've just had a go too and got it right - but on the last go  !   I'll get the hang of it.....eventually.

klondike

I got it in 4.
Got lucky with letters 3 and 4 being green on second guess. That narrowed things down a lot.

Alex

aaaw you can only do one game  !    :downvote:

klondike

Bit of a deal breaker really..

Scrumpy

A guy set it up for his girlfriend .. He did it to amuse here.. I think it was 2019.. It became popular because it was only one game a day.. and free..
He sold it for at least a million.. Good for him..
It's a bit like the TV game Lingo..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

klondike

Either I got luckier or today's was easier

Sheila

Nerdle is a number version of it.  Paul and I compete with Wordle, Nerdle and Spider Solitaire.  Covid has a lot to answer for!

klondike

As there seems to be a bit of interest in word games I've added one to the interactive games section.

It's a variant of Hangman. The main variation being there is no hangman  :smiley:

https://letschat.club/index.php/topic,623.0.html

-Oy-

Toughie today - got it in 6
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Flying Bomb

Quote from: Sheila on February 03, 2022, 10:23:29 AM
Nerdle is a number version of it.  Paul and I compete with Wordle, Nerdle and Spider Solitaire.  Covid has a lot to answer for!
COVID will soon be a word.  So will TWERP :-)
I should get the latter in one!