Chris Kaba

Started by Alex, Yesterday at 08:33:56 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Another George Floyd moment is on the cards as the police officer responsible for shooting Chris Kaba has been found not guilty of his murder.   A protest outside the Old Bailey was set for 7pm tonight (at least according to Twitter)  The miscarriage of justice is the fact this officer was ever charged. :boo:

Mups

Wait for the riots and trouble to start . . . .

muddy

I wonder if this trial would have been brought if the dead man had been white ? 
If you ignore the police and ram your car( it's wasn't even his car) into 2 of their cars trying to escape don't be surprised when they shoot you .

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on Yesterday at 08:33:56 PMThe miscarriage of justice is the fact this officer was ever charged. :boo:
This.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

All the weeping and wailing.. 
 'He will never see his unborn child' !!!

Oh no!!! Does that mean that every live show/ event coming up will spend time taking the  knee..  What a bore..
I'm sure Starmer will say something life shattering about it all...

What a great example of fatherhood he portrayed.. NOT.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

muddy

Oh what a shame having a criminal as a father is such a boon.

klondike

The death I'm more concerned about is the 61 year old grandfather protesting in Rotherham jailed for rioting despite committing no violent crime who died in prison.

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on Today at 09:56:22 AMThe death I'm more concerned about is the 61 year old grandfather protesting in Rotherham jailed for rioting despite committing no violent crime who died in prison.
That news will be swept under the carpet.. 
BLM will see to that...

muddy

Alex

It wasn't even a random stop and search, the car had been identified as used in a nightclub shooting days before.
The CPS must have been aware of his violent past, including recent shootings, yet they still decided to prosecute the officer  :rolleyes: 

The officer's barrister had argued "bad character" evidence relating to Kaba should be put before the jury in the murder case, but the application was refused by the judge because it wasn't deemed relevant to the issues in the case !!!!

I just do not understand this.

JBR

I sometimes wonder whether some Home Office leaders, politicians, even judges - all the sort of people who benefit from continuous personal protection - are effectively doing their best to encourage dangerous criminals.
Letting many prisoners to 'serve their sentences at home' is also very much a foolish precedent.

I can see such changes leading, before too much longer, to a serious expansion of serious criminal activities in this country, certainly in inner cities.  The naivety of these people who are supposed to be in charge of law and order will, I think, lead to an inevitable increase in the number of places which are known to be dangerous.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Ashy

In general previous convictions are not revealed to the jury until after the verdict, which should be reached according to the evidence presented. I think this is right and proper because there are frame-ups etc. As a former juror I can say it's a great relief to hear a guilty defendant is a thoroughly bad lot. 

Scrumpy

His true character is coming out today..
He belonged to a notorious gang.. Shot man in a club..
First convicted of crime at 13 years old.. Riff raff..

muddy

And look at the people protesting .
Keffiyehs clad ,chanting like African tribesman .
( something that would not be tolerated by most African police ) 

I don't hold a lot of brief for the police but they are not always wrong .