Dinner guests

Started by Scrumpy, October 18, 2024, 09:15:38 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad

"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on October 18, 2024, 05:25:42 PMDid I ever mention that I have a striking resemblance to Robert Redford ?

Yeah?   In that case,  do you think you could cope with me and Scrumpy next Sunday?  

Scrumps is first,  but I have asked her to save some for me.   

Scrumpy

Mups......I'll have the head...

The rest is for you...

Quote from: Mups on October 18, 2024, 09:59:36 PMYeah?  In that case,  do you think you could cope with me and Scrumpy next Sunday? 

Scrumps is first,  but I have asked her to save some for me.   

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

Bloody behave the pair of you🤣

Scrumpy

I would like a table of male strangers.. one being my father .. and I had to guess which one it was..
That would be a great after dinner game..

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2024, 09:58:40 AMI would like a table of male strangers.. one being my father .. and I had to guess which one it was..
That would be a great after dinner game..
Uh?😳

Scrumpy

Quote from: Vlad on October 20, 2024, 10:57:00 AMUh?😳

I didn't know who my father was.. Family secret.. People didn't talk openly about that way back..

muddy

My son who I miss terribly .
My mother to say I'm sorry .
My father to say I'm sorry I didn't know your life .
My late husband because they liked him .
My friends Bill and Betty who I loved .

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2024, 12:07:47 PMI didn't know who my father was.. Family secret.. People didn't talk openly about that way back..
DNA Scrumpy? You never know who you may be related to!  Long Lost Families is a 'must watch' for me.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 20, 2024, 04:50:48 PMDNA Scrumpy? You never know who you may be related to!  Long Lost Families is a 'must watch' for me.

Sometimes it's best not to know..
I was never interested in knowing .. even when I was younger.. I loved my mum.. and siblings..That was enough.

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2024, 12:07:47 PMI didn't know who my father was.. Family secret.. People didn't talk openly about that way back..
Ahh, thanks for sharing that 🥰

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2024, 05:14:28 PMSometimes it's best not to know..
I was never interested in knowing .. even when I was younger.. I loved my mum.. and siblings..That was enough.
Often the best way.  Lucky you had siblings too.  I'm an only, I'd have liked one.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I think he was a hero.. who wore a mask and cape
Or a famous movie star .. blockbusters he did make
But then, maybe a dustman who emptied all the bins
Or the local milkman who delivered semi skimmed.. !!!!!

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on Yesterday at 05:59:45 AMOften the best way.  Lucky you had siblings too.  I'm an only, I'd have liked one.

I'm an only too, but my 'bessie' friend from around 6 years of age was also an only, so we were like sisters growing up.  Our Mums sometimes put us in matching clothes which we hated  :grin:   That old 'bessie' is still in my life and we meet up every week for a coffee, and text most days.