Dinner guests

Started by Scrumpy, October 18, 2024, 09:15:38 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Who.. from the past or living would you like at your table . ?

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Starmer, Revees and Hannibal Lecter. I'd nip out early.

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin:

.. Liver on the menu  !!

Vlad

So many,
My father, a drunk and bully who I hated. ..Why were you always so angry?
My mother, an angel who I did not love enough, I am sorry
My brother and sister both younger who died suddenly from aneurysms again who I did not love enough or know enough about you.
Ibn Rushd ( Avicenna ) a Persian polymath the greatest thinker of the Islamic golden age. So many questions. Why has Islam become so militant?
Sgt Major B Plumly US Army central figure in the film  We were Soldiers. A soldiers soldier.
Mick the Greek Corporal British Army ambushed in NI 1973, friend, confidante, mentor.
My dog, who thinks I am a god.
Tony K, fellow port drinker, pipe and cigar smoker, so many tales to recount.

This post has been quite painful
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on October 18, 2024, 10:21:00 AMSo many,
My father, a drunk and bully who I hated. ..Why were you always so angry?
My mother, an angel who I did not love enough, I am sorry
My brother and sister both younger who died suddenly from aneurysms again who I did not love enough or know enough about you.
Ibn Rushd ( Avicenna ) a Persian polymath the greatest thinker of the Islamic golden age. So many questions. Why has Islam become so militant?
Sgt Major B Plumly US Army central figure in the film  We were Soldiers. A soldiers soldier.
Mick the Greek Corporal British Army ambushed in NI 1973, friend, confidante, mentor.
My dog, who thinks I am a god.
Tony K, fellow port drinker, pipe and cigar smoker, so many tales to recount.

This post has been quite painful
I can certainly understand your latter statement.  Your younger siblings dying young (presumably) especially.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Yes, both in their 30's sister collapsed just getting out of bed, brother whilst at work, very strange, same condition aneurysm of the brain, it is supposed to be hereditary. Brother was a drinker, sister overweight. Father died of old age..I had a CT scan they found nothing ( waits for the sarcastic comments) 😀
Sorry for going off topic

Scrumpy

Going off topic is good.. There are no rules here..
I'm not going to mention the brain scan... :wink:

Hitler and my Mum sitting next to one another..
Tom Jones because I love his Welsh voice..
Del-boy.. Trying to flog something to Starmer.. Something that is not working..!!!!!
Harry.. He can sit next to me.. 
and a young Robert Redford on the other side..

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on October 18, 2024, 02:20:00 PMYes, both in their 30's sister collapsed just getting out of bed, brother whilst at work, very strange, same condition aneurysm of the brain, it is supposed to be hereditary. Brother was a drinker, sister overweight. Father died of old age..I had a CT scan they found nothing ( waits for the sarcastic comments) 😀
Sorry for going off topic

With such familial problems, it was very sensible of you to ask for a CT scan or perhaps other investigations (MRI?).
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Quote from: JBR on October 18, 2024, 02:54:25 PMWith such familial problems, it was very sensible of you to ask for a CT scan or perhaps other investigations (MRI?).
It was some time back, if I remember correctly it was going to be one or the other. I was in Germany at the time.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 18, 2024, 02:39:10 PMGoing off topic is good.. There are no rules here..
I'm not going to mention the brain scan... :wink:

Hitler and my Mum sitting next to one another..
Tom Jones because I love his Welsh voice..
Del-boy.. Trying to flog something to Starmer.. Something that is not working..!!!!!
Harry.. He can sit next to me..
and a young Robert Redford on the other side..

Ooh yes,  but don't devour him completely Scrumpy,  leave a bit for me please. 
Ive always liked him,  handsome fellow he was.  Not like some of the wimps nowadays. 

Alex

My Mum and Dad I need to say sorry
My first husband I need to say sorry
Billy Eckstein for my Mum
Tommy Smith for my Dad
Julio Iglesias to serenade us all.

GrannyMac

My dad, who died when I was 17.  I wonder what he'd make of the grandchildren he never knew?
My mum, just because I'd love to see her again.
The teacher who caused my huge lack of self esteem, to ask her why she disliked me so much.
My cousin who died earlier this year, and who I never knew, because none of my father's family spoke to each other. 
And I wouldn't mind Robert Redford either!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Vlad

Did I ever mention that I have a striking resemblance to Robert Redford ? 

klondike

Back in the days when my youngest daughter was into competitive swimming there were two excellent senior swimmers (late teens I think) and one died from an aneurysm. I think it can just happen to anyone. It only takes a minor defect for disaster to strike.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Vlad on October 18, 2024, 05:25:42 PMDid I ever mention that I have a striking resemblance to Robert Redford ?
Now you mention it.......😉
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖