Does Italy have the right idea?

Started by GrannyMac, October 16, 2024, 09:20:52 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

The first batch of male 'asylum seekers' from countries deemed as safe have been sent to Albania under a new agreement.

https://www.euronews.com/2024/10/15/italy-sends-first-group-of-16-migrants-to-asylum-processing-centres-in-albania
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

muddy

As long as they then don't decide to come to the U.K. .

klondike

If they are granted asylum they have no right to come here and can be sent back to Albania. If not granted then it's a quick fail here but they won't get sent anywhere. They'll just disappear into the black economy.

Ashy

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 16, 2024, 09:20:52 AMThe first batch of male 'asylum seekers' from countries deemed as safe have been sent to Albania under a new agreement.

https://www.euronews.com/2024/10/15/italy-sends-first-group-of-16-migrants-to-asylum-processing-centres-in-albania

16 !!!! Blimey it will take them years to clear the backlog.. If ever they do..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Probably the same as was hoped of the Rwanda plan - deter more coming. Another similarity with the Rwanda plan is that it likely costs a fortune and won't actually work.

IMO there is only one thing that would deter them and there is no chance of it being done - internment. Preferably in rather harsh conditions. Free tickets home. Work for food.

JBR

If Italy can do this, then we can too.
The only problem is that we, unfortunately, voted Labour into power.  Others also voted Conservative but failed for obvious reasons.
Fortunately, more and more people now seem to be beginning to realise that neither of the so-called 'two main parties' are both unwilling and incapable of restoring this country to how it once was.
I'm sure I don't need to mention who I shall without doubt vote for next time, just as I did this time.
Numquam credere Gallicum

GrannyMac

The UK will never go back to how it was, but it's past time to stop it getting worse!  The abuse of the asylum system isn't only down to the gangs, but the human rights lawyers, seeking out every loophole.  As the EU tries to turn the tide, we need to do the same!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 16, 2024, 06:31:35 PMThe UK will never go back to how it was, but it's past time to stop it getting worse!  The abuse of the asylum system isn't only down to the gangs, but the human rights lawyers, seeking out every loophole.  As the EU tries to turn the tide, we need to do the same!
I agree.
The problems are that Labour are likely to be in power for five years now, and even if they are then out, a lot of damage will have been done by then, including the number of Third World immigrants who will have been given citizenship.   Also, it is not guaranteed that Reform would form the next government anyway.
Numquam credere Gallicum

muddy

That's exactly what I fear is true .

Diasi

Quote from: muddy on October 16, 2024, 10:51:21 AMAs long as they then don't decide to come to the U.K. .
The question was Does Italy Have the Right Idea, which for Italy it is.

It's not relevant to Italy whether or not they then try & get into the UK. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on October 17, 2024, 08:37:37 AMThe question was Does Italy Have the Right Idea, which for Italy it is.

It's not relevant to Italy whether or not they then try & get into the UK.
Of course not.  They don't need to come through Italy to get here.  Any route into Europe and they are then on their way to the land of goodies and handouts, without laws that apply to them.
Thanks Labour.  Thanks Tories.
Numquam credere Gallicum

muddy

So if all European countries pass them on where will they end up ? 

klondike

Quote from: JBR on October 17, 2024, 10:36:28 AMThey don't need to come through Italy to get here.
A lot do though. Italy is a handy destination for those crossing the Med from North Africa