Loyalty cards..

Started by Scrumpy, October 04, 2024, 12:03:03 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I have just registered with Morrison's and Sainsbury's..
I would now like Loyalty cards for these stores..
Why is it so bloody difficult to get cards now. ?
I do NOT want an app.. I struggle with these things.. I will annoy customers in the queue behind me because I will be fiddling with my phone at the till ..
I want a good old plain card.. What is so hard about that. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I've had loyalty card for Sainsburys and Morrisons for a few years.  Also got a Sparks card from M &  S and a Tesco card,   The only one I havent got is Waitrose as I rarely go there - too expensive. :cool:

dextrous63

Dunno Scrumps.  I just use my phone nowadays.  Can't even remember where my wallet is🤷🏻�♂️

Morrisons is a bit slow in terms of building up points for vouchers, but some of the discounts you get for using the card are impressive.

Scrumpy

I take my mate to Sainsbury's sometimes and the prices for (Loyalty) can be massive..
Sometimes I go to Morrison's... the same..
I have a Tesco card.. and a Co-op card..
Why do they make it so difficult for us to get an actual card now..?

October 04, 2024, 12:12:09 PM
 I'm going to write to them ... I shall put my case forward..

dextrous63

Is it difficult?  I genuinely don't know🤷🏻�♂️

GrannyMac

I have cards for Morrison's and Tesco.  I use my phone for Nectar/Sainsbury's and Lidl. Sparks card for M&S isn't much cop. I build up my Nectar points for Christmas extras, I have over £70 atm.  I think it's the best for me over all. 

No Co op, it closed years ago and is now a B&M.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 04, 2024, 12:03:03 PMI have just registered with Morrison's and Sainsbury's..
I would now like Loyalty cards for these stores..
Why is it so bloody difficult to get cards now. ?
I do NOT want an app.. I struggle with these things.. I will annoy customers in the queue behind me because I will be fiddling with my phone at the till ..
I want a good old plain card.. What is so hard about that. ?

Oh I soooo   agree with you Scrumpy.  :upvote:

I hate these app things for this that and the other.   I don't want them - full stop.
A card is so simple and straightforward isn't it.

Raven

Tell them your phone doesn't have apps, and leave it in your car while you do.

dextrous63

A card is simply a hard copy of a bit of software.

klondike

The Lidl one is a QR code. Rather than annoy everybody behind while I bring the code up on my phone screen and try to get it to scan I took a screen dump of the thing then stacked 3 of them together and printed them on 6x4 photo paper. I cut them into individual cards and use one of them in-store. When it gets tatty I switch to another one.

Scrumpy

Klondike.. How clever is that.!! 
I will ask one of the children to print it out for me..

GrannyMac

It is a good idea. In Lidl I bring it up when I'm queuing.  In Sainsbury's, I like to scan and pack as I go, so I have it ready at the entrance where the scanners are.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

That is a good idea, I usually get my phone out when I'm queuing and often shove it against the card machine by mistake  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

dextrous63

You could always get a tattoo printer and, er, tattoo the card details onto your arm (or some other easily accessible part of your body) so you wouldn't need to faff around with your purse/wallet at the till 😬😬😬

klondike

Quote from: Alex on October 04, 2024, 08:13:36 PMThat is a good idea, I usually get my phone out when I'm queuing and often shove it against the card machine by mistake  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:m
My phone always seems to shut down the screen just at the very moment it is needed. Does it every time in the post office for pickups or returns. I think there is an evil gremlin living in it.