Not trendy..

Started by Scrumpy, September 30, 2024, 12:58:58 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 01, 2024, 09:47:07 AMPublic toilets !!!  I don't go in them.. They never seem very clean.. I find a bush..
Oh, sorry, I thought you said you found a brush.

The other day I bought a toilet brush.  I used it once, but decided to go back to paper.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: JBR on October 01, 2024, 11:09:51 AMOh, sorry, I thought you said you found a brush.

The other day I bought a toilet brush.  I used it once, but decided to go back to paper.
Hah,  that made me smile, JBR.  :smiley:

Talking of public toilets,  does anyone know why most of them closed down in the first place?
I would have thought quite a few people need a wee if they are out all day.

Did they close because some were so grotty and unhygienic,  or had they become a place for weirdo's to hang around,   or perhaps no one wanted the job of cleaning them anymore - (can't say I blame them).
I just wondered why most of them have been closed,  although a lot of the big stores and supermarkets have their own toilets for customers to use now.

klondike

I think the Northampton ones went because the council went bust but they could have gone even before that.

GrannyMac

I love my shopping trolley! My daughter in law bought it for me, handy if I'm out without the car and want to buy something.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I used to use one to take stuff to the charity shops down the road using one which is still up the loft. Lockdown put paid to all 3. Mostly hairdressers, nail parlours, strange foreign food shops and takeaways now. There is a junk shop but from what I see outside all it sells is junk so I haven't explored it. There are two dentists neither of which are taking new patients a podiatrist an optician and a fancy dress shop. There are always gadflys that appear selling something or other and going bust.

Scrumpy

Klondike and a shopping trolley.. !! 
Your long hair ..gently blowing in the breeze..
:grin: :wink: :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It will remind me of the 70's when I was once asked from behind to "Scuse me love" in a shop in Skegness. I think I had a moustache then too but no beard. My passport photo at the time looked like a terrorist.

Vlad

They do say that if you look like your passport photo then you are too ill to travel.
In one of my old passports my job is displayed as a Government Representative...I was a squaddie 😄 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on October 01, 2024, 04:12:08 PMThere is a junk shop but from what I see outside all it sells is junk
"Antiques Emporium" if you don't mind.

klondike

If it isn't raining tomorrow and I remember (both quite large asks based on experience) I'll take a snap and you can reconsider. Old ain't the same as antique.

GrannyMac

In my role at the charity shop, I try and value bits and pieces.  The younger staff put things to one side for me to look at, and I've tried to explain to them that old isn't necessarily antique or valuable.  It's quite rewarding when I do find something decent.  Last week there was a bag full of metal items, mainly pewter, very dull, but collectable, and a small black metal jug. It nearly got chucked out, but I rescued it, took it home and polished it, the hallmark showed it was clearly antique silver.  We'll get a good few ££ for it. 👍🏽 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

It's people like you that stop ebayers bothering with charity shops  :grin:

Scrumpy

Junk shops .. charity shops.. I love rummaging ..
I don't look for ( the Holy Grail).. just things that please me..

Vlad

I read today that avocado bathroom suites are now trendy amongst the young and green fraternity 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

We used to have a avocado bathroom suite many years ago..
I too read that they were making a comeback..

I wouldn't have one .. White for me..

October 02, 2024, 04:14:21 PM

Jehovah Witnesses... No longer trendy.