Not trendy..

Started by Scrumpy, September 30, 2024, 12:58:58 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

To have a landline..  I have one.. Much easier to hear what is being said.. and I can talk up to an hour.. put the phone down.. pick it up.. continue the conversation..

Shopping trolley... No heavy carrying shopping.. I don't have one.. I did, many years ago.. Are they making a come back.?

Are you still using something that is not considered 'trendy'.. ?

I am interested to see your answers.. I added this because Alfred always said it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

My Stereo System, I am not into Bluetooth or music on the phone ect. I love the big music centres from the 80s/90s. They rock the house with their extra base ect. Wouldn't part with mine for anyone.
I also have a boom box in the kitchen.  :yay:

Vlad

Y fronts..white...very trendy.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

I exclusively wear clothes that would be considered "men's clothes" and don't use public toilets or changing rooms identified as being for women. I'm just old fashioned like that.

Alex

I've got a Parka, not very trendy. :smiley:

JBR

I have an old, but thick, woollen cardigan.  Although threadbare in places, it is very warm indeed. 
Marge orders me to hide it away when anyone comes to our house.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 30, 2024, 12:58:58 PMTo have a landline..  I have one.. Much easier to hear what is being said.. and I can talk up to an hour.. put the phone down.. pick it up.. continue the conversation..

Shopping trolley... No heavy carrying shopping.. I don't have one.. I did, many years ago.. Are they making a come back.?

Are you still using something that is not considered 'trendy'.. ?

I am interested to see your answers.. I added this because Alfred always said it..
My neighbour has recently bought a shopping trolley but I don't think they're a very good look for a man & I would never have one.

October 01, 2024, 08:25:22 AM
Quote from: klondike on September 30, 2024, 06:48:33 PMI exclusively wear clothes that would be considered "men's clothes" and don't use public toilets or changing rooms identified as being for women. I'm just old fashioned like that.
:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Klondy, as much as I admire your old fashioned approach to cloth wearing, I'm not entirely quite so supportive of you hanging round public toilets for hours on end, especially when this is late at night.😬

Scrumpy

Front gates .. People have opened up their drives to park their cars..

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 01, 2024, 09:00:57 AMI'm not entirely quite so supportive of you hanging round public toilets for hours on end, especially when this is late at night.😬
Impossible to hang around public toilets in this town. The only ones left in town are in the shopping centre which I imagine shuts up when the shops (that are left) shut. Outside of town I'm not aware of any at all.

I expect these toilets along with the bridge are listed so can't be demolished. Not sure if the old folk are nipping round the back of them.

Scrumpy

A bit like going behind the bike shed.. !!

dextrous63

That's such a lovely protective wall and fencing.  It certainly adds to the ambience🙄 

Scrumpy

Public toilets !!!  I don't go in them.. They never seem very clean.. I find a bush.. 

dextrous63

Whatever happened to the ones underground?

klondike

If you mean the ones in town near All Saints church I stopped using those ones when they became popular with cottagers. Been closed for years now - how long ago did you pay them a call?

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 01, 2024, 09:42:32 AMThat's such a lovely protective wall and fencing.  It certainly adds to the ambience🙄
I think they must have just walled them up. There used to be a steel plate bolted over the doors. I do pass them on one of my regular walks as the river path doesn't go under the bridge so you have to come out and cross the road  but I'm going away from them and don't give them a second glance.