Personae non gratae

Started by dextrous63, September 15, 2024, 07:07:00 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Jay Blades, of Repair Shop fame has been a naughty boy allegedly and so the BBC is taking off air any future things with him in it.  We all know that this seems to be the norm with other "celebs", eg Saville, Harris, Edwards...

The question is ..... why?

Surely showing repeats or other prepared shows would remind others with a similar proclivity of the dangers involved if and when they are exposed and quite possibly may act as a deterrent.  Any royalties from repeats could be given to victims or related support groups.

After all, not all of their work was bad and it's throwing the baby out with the bath water.

klondike

i'm guessing that the bbc don't want to remind viewers the sort of recipients their licence fee pays.

dextrous63

As we've paid for them, surely we have a right to have access to them too?  After all, it wouldn't be mandatory to watch them and there are other channels available.

Scrumpy

I was surprised to hear that he was... a bully.!!
The camera can and does lie..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 15, 2024, 07:51:47 PMI was surprised to hear that he was... a bully.!!
The camera can and does lie..

Me too.   Found it hard to imagine to be honest.

They are reporting alleged coercive control and abuse of his missus,  but I shall wait and see the outcome.