The drinks are on us..

Started by Scrumpy, September 11, 2024, 09:13:58 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

On the news this morning..
Showing prisoners who have been released early from jail celebrating in the street with bottles of champagne..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Doubtless  nicked from the nearest supermarket.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 11, 2024, 09:13:58 AMOn the news this morning..
Showing prisoners who have been released early from jail celebrating in the street with bottles of champagne..

I'm fast reaching the stage where I don't want to see any news as it either makes me depressed or ragingly angry.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I have started to only watch our local news. Channel 3. STV News 6pm.

dextrous63

It's sad when the only news that cheers me up is when a BBC employee is caught for being a paedo.

klondike

Must be good to have so many happy days  :grin:

dextrous63

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on September 11, 2024, 10:49:08 AMI'm fast reaching the stage where I don't want to see any news as it either makes me depressed or ragingly angry.

I was feeling just the same the other day Phil. I just watch Fox over here, or Talk TV and GB News from the UK. Our local 'press' is just that and still very traditional - thank goodness
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 11, 2024, 09:13:58 AMOn the news this morning..

I just saw in today's paper that one of those ex-prisoners  is back in jail already.

An offender allegedly sexually assaulted a woman within an hour of being released.
He was arrested in Croydon and has now been sent back to jail until 2026.

He is among a number of others already recalled, most for breaking their licence conditions.

And while I'm at it,   regarding the financial problems some will experience this winter, the people making these decisions   need to personally experience  hardship for the winter months  to understand what they've done to people.

For a start,  I would take away their 'Expenses'  and put them on just a state pension.
Then as the temperature dropped this winter and they couldn't afford any heating,  they might understand.

If they got assaulted or burgled by one of these ex-cons they have released,  they might understand. 

If they couldn't afford to run their posh cars anymore,  then had their bus passes taken away too, they might understand.

And perhaps a winter of going to food banks would help them understand real life too.

Trouble is,  those who make the decisions for us have well-paid jobs and  monthly expense sheets, chauffeurs to drive them everywhere, body guards,  money in the bank, nice warm houses,  and plenty of food on the table,  and their decisions for the rest of us won't affect them in the slightest - more's the pity.

JBR

Quote from: Mups on September 14, 2024, 10:36:17 PMI just saw in today's paper that one of those ex-prisoners  is back in jail already.

An offender allegedly sexually assaulted a woman within an hour of being released.
He was arrested in Croydon and has now been sent back to jail until 2026.

He is among a number of others already recalled, most for breaking their licence conditions.
Why is it that these lefties cannot see why letting criminals go without sufficient punishment is not going to change them?

I yearn for the day when this country comes to its senses and acts against all of those irresponsible people who feel free to go around and damage, and even destroy, what we law-abiding people have.

I wonder, will that ever happen?  Well surely that is entirely up to us, the voting public.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Around 12% of the prison population are foreign nationals.  And still no attempt is made to stop them coming over unvetted.

If Starmer had shown the same resolve to deal with the issue as he showed towards rioters, then we'd all feel a tad more forgiving about some other policies since his intentions to care for the British public would be clear.

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 14, 2024, 11:04:50 PMAnd still no attempt is made to stop them coming over unvetted.
nor to just deport those prisoners.

September 15, 2024, 09:01:57 AM
Quote from: dextrous63 on September 14, 2024, 11:04:50 PMthen we'd all feel a tad more forgiving about some other policies
maybe you would. i wouldn't. yes neither the loss of the winter fuel allowance nor the predicted loss of the buss pass nor the loss of the 25% single occupant rate relief are going to put me on the breadline but i'm pretty sure they will some.

i regarded the two benefits to be part and parcel of a pretty low value state pension after a lifetime paying taxes and the rate discount is partly fair but a personal community charge or tax would be fairer still. full rates isn't. regarding all those multimillionaires getting the wfa - well even with a lot of tax fiddling i'd guess that over their lifetimes they paid many more times tax than they'll ever get back from any state payouts.

Scrumpy

I am proud to say that I did NOT vote for them..
And those that did... !!
You got what you voted for.. deal with it..

And those that didn't bother to vote.!!
 You got what you deserve.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven