U-turn.. ?

Started by Scrumpy, September 09, 2024, 10:05:28 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Starmer might well remember that his father was a toolmaker.. and might not have lived as  'Upper class'...
But over the years and living as someone with many benefits his memory might have deteriorated somewhat.
It is so easy to say how times were back then.. But we are not living 'back then'.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

This is how to protest legally.

Although I'm a member of Reform, Britain First is my first Party of choice but it doesn't have the same reach or political clout as Reform which is why I'll stay with my second choice which is Reform.

https://x.com/BFirstParty/status/1832785544603906397
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: ansu on September 10, 2024, 09:28:21 AMAs I told you a fuel allowance for retired people is unknown here in Germany
The Winter Fuel Allowance was added to the state pension by Gordon Brown as a separate untaxed payment. There was probably a smaller pension increase that year but it was before I was on a pension so I'm not sure. I do know that as a separate payment it never attracted the annual increase the basic gets. Probably done to get a cheer in the commons.

As a pensioner for me it was always there and I simply regarded it as part of the state pension which I have spent a lifetime paying into. The pension I get was fixed as a pre 2016 retiree one. Later pensions are much higher. I would qualify for either but for my year of birth. It was not possible to wait a year for the increased pension as deferring it would not have put me on the new one.

So I've been shafted twice now and expect a third shafting when my 25% single occupancy rate rebate gets scrapped. As I'm on free prescriptions I'll see if I can get a monster tub of Vaseline for the two already guess are coming plus whater else they dream up to try to kill off those annoying pensioners who don't vote for them and expect to see a doctor when they are ill.

muddy

I don't think the lady is for turning .

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on September 10, 2024, 10:07:11 AMThis is how to protest legally.

Although I'm a member of Reform, Britain First is my first Party of choice but it doesn't have the same reach or political clout as Reform which is why I'll stay with my second choice which is Reform.

https://x.com/BFirstParty/status/1832785544603906397
I feel exactly the same way, as I'm sure do many others whom Mr Two-tier is now annoying.
Reform for me as soon as I get the opportunity again.
Numquam credere Gallicum

muddy

We have a long five years ahead by which some of us will be pushing up daisies .

JBR

Quote from: muddy on September 10, 2024, 01:15:24 PMWe have a long five years ahead by which some of us will be pushing up daisies .
I expect that there will be so much complaining and grinding of teeth that an early election will be called, especially as Starmer has absolutely no excuse for what he is putting the country through.
Hopefully, Labour will end up like the Conservatives: never to be voted for again.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Cassandra

Interesting that Starmer has such a 'refined', beneficial personal Pension Plan. After standing down as Director of Public Prosecutions, he was granted a "tax-unregistered" pension scheme by a 'special' act of parliament. This was agreed privately between Gordon Brown and Cameron, before the now Prime Minister would accept the role of Director of Public Prosecutions.

The Pensions Increase (Pension Scheme for Keir Starmer QC) Regulations 2013, introduced through secondary legislation, means the lifetime allowance does not apply to his contributions from his time as DPP between 2008 and 2013.

The legislation means Sir Keir is exempt from paying tax on pensions savings over £1m.

After last week's Budget, Labour pledged to reverse plans to introduce similar exemptions for high-earners if it wins power.

Sir Keir said the government's tax exempt scheme would only benefit the "richest 1%", and proved the government had the "wrong priorities".

He said a tax break should only be available to NHS doctors, to encourage them to keep working and not take early retirement.

This  "mockery" of Labour's position on the lifetime pension allowance and the cavalier way they are now defraying Pensioners as a prime target group is as close to hypocrisy as it is possible to get.

Ansu says we should give him a chance because he's from 'working class' stock. Seems to me he's very capable of not in need of such favour and that C3 'toolmaker' Dad, sent him in the world with amply oversized trousers and a desire to fill them with 'filthy luker' ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Quote from: JBR on September 10, 2024, 04:05:54 PMI expect that there will be so much complaining and grinding of teeth that an early election will be called,
I reckon that is being over optimistic. Only serious civil disobedience is likely to stand a chance in unseating them IMO and that is not the British way. So long as they can command a majority in the Commons they will be able to continue.

klondike

Cassandra

Yes I'm sure your right. Over here we're all getting together at my neighbour Clem's to watch the debate tonight on ABC at 9pm our time (2pm yours). Trump was asked "whats your tactics".

He replied "I'm just gonna let her talk" ...

She's been all over the media in our State. Spending the $51m 'freed up' for her when 'sleepy Joe fell off the stage and into oblivion for the last time. Michigan is one of the seven 'swing' States that determines the overall result. Politics apart she's just an awful woman. An American version of Diane Abbot, supercharged with gunk.

klondike

I'm guessing if she is elected the US will be run by the same folks who were running it with Biden being the front man. Not sure which of that pair has the fewer brain cells. I briefly watched something with her addressing some sort of Democrat meeting and she was truly unbearable. I skipped up over 5 minutes and she was still waffling greetings and grinning that horrible grin. I gave up at that point.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on September 10, 2024, 05:23:48 PMI'm guessing if she is elected the US will be run by the same folks who were running it with Biden being the front man. Not sure which of that pair has the fewer brain cells. I briefly watched something with her addressing some sort of Democrat meeting and she was truly unbearable. I skipped up over 5 minutes and she was still waffling greetings and grinning that horrible grin. I gave up at that point.

Obama is the puppeteer and has been ever since Biden pitched up. He's agreed I'm told to persist with his droppings with Kamala ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on September 10, 2024, 04:35:31 PMInteresting that Starmer has such a 'refined', beneficial personal Pension Plan. After standing down as Director of Public Prosecutions, he was granted a "tax-unregistered" pension scheme by a 'special' act of parliament. This was agreed privately between Gordon Brown and Cameron, before the now Prime Minister would accept the role of Director of Public Prosecutions.

The Pensions Increase (Pension Scheme for Keir Starmer QC) Regulations 2013, introduced through secondary legislation, means the lifetime allowance does not apply to his contributions from his time as DPP between 2008 and 2013.

The legislation means Sir Keir is exempt from paying tax on pensions savings over £1m.

After last week's Budget, Labour pledged to reverse plans to introduce similar exemptions for high-earners if it wins power.

Sir Keir said the government's tax exempt scheme would only benefit the "richest 1%", and proved the government had the "wrong priorities".

He said a tax break should only be available to NHS doctors, to encourage them to keep working and not take early retirement.

This  "mockery" of Labour's position on the lifetime pension allowance and the cavalier way they are now defraying Pensioners as a prime target group is as close to hypocrisy as it is possible to get.

Ansu says we should give him a chance because he's from 'working class' stock. Seems to me he's very capable of not in need of such favour and that C3 'toolmaker' Dad, sent him in the world with amply oversized trousers and a desire to fill them with 'filthy luker' ...

All very true, I'm absolutely sure.
Sir Kneel is, I'm sure, digging his own grave with his behaviour.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on September 10, 2024, 04:05:54 PMI expect that there will be so much complaining and grinding of teeth that an early election will be called, especially as Starmer has absolutely no excuse for what he is putting the country through.
Hopefully, Labour will end up like the Conservatives: never to be voted for again.
We can but hope.

The pollsters should do some predicting for 2029.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]