Main Menu

New Telly

Started by Alex, September 08, 2024, 03:44:31 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I'm having a hard time finding a new 32" smart telly for my bedroom.  I've looked on AO, Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, Costco etc...... can't seem to find one suitable.   The problem is I need one with a centre pedestal and most of the TVs nowadays have a slim leg each end of the set.    The unit my telly sat on is only 24 inches wide, so it limits which telly I can have, plus there's no room for a wall mount as its all mirror wardrobes on the wall   opposite the bed.  Who's have thought it would be so difficult ? 43" is toooooo big for a bedroom !

dextrous63

Ceiling mounted bracket?

Alex

I don't fancy that with the plaster in my rooms !   :grin:

Michael Rolls

crude but effective. Make up a 'pedestal' from what is effective - books, bricks, you name it. Won't work by itself with a really slim line set but an exercise of the little grey cells should solve that
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Why have you got so many mirrors in your bedroom. ? :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Cassandra

Had the same problem with mine Alex. Amazon sell Stands to fit perfectly and they are so easy to fit that even I did it in 10 mins. I had a smaller set of drawers than the 'spaced legs' would sit on, so needed what I'd had before - a central base. These even let you swivel the screen back and forth at the sides about 50 degrees, if you want to access the space behind for dusting (or like me once hid dog biccy's there)? Unfortunately the polecat jumped up - no problem to liberate them - he's obviously a 'Starmer' style communist as he kept it a secret for his own gain!  'Cui bono' led me to suspect him, he's as agile as a monkey and they use their cute little front paws almost like hands!

Sorry I digress. Well worth the money. Just copy the detail below and enter it to the Amazon UK Website search bar - viz

Universal Swivel TV Stand - Table Top TV Stand for 32-60 inch LCD LED TVs - Height Adjustable TV Base Stand with Tempered Glass Base & Wire Management, Holds 40 KG & Max.VESA 400x400mm

All stands worldwide keep to the TV makers standards (VESA) on dimensions so your safe to order.

Next day delivery too ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Brilliant, problem solved !  Thank you Cass  :upvote:

Posted by Scrumpy - Today at 18:17:28
Why have you got so many mirrors in your bedroom. ?

They're mirror wardrobes almost the length of the wall, then there's an airing cupboard next to them, so I can't hang a telly on the wall, but Cass has given me details of a stand that will do just fine.

Cassandra

A pleasure, you'll find a number of stands on there by using that reference and some have small central foot platforms than others. I chose the;

FITUEYES Tabletop TV Stand for 27" to 55" Screens,Universal Adjustable TV Pedestal Stand with Swivel Bracket, 40kg Weight Capacity, Cable Management.

About a year ago it was $23 over here, I have a 55" Samsung in my Bedroom. But as you can see the stand can range from 27" to 55" size TV's by the simple 'ladder bracket adjustment. Good instructions too.

Took me a little while to figure out the search criteria on Amazon, before I landed lucky.

dextrous63

I'll not bother again then😢

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on September 08, 2024, 07:52:30 PMBrilliant, problem solved !  Thank you Cass  :upvote:

Posted by Scrumpy - Today at 18:17:28
Why have you got so many mirrors in your bedroom. ?

They're mirror wardrobes almost the length of the wall, then there's an airing cupboard next to them, so I can't hang a telly on the wall, but Cass has given me details of a stand that will do just fine.

Yeah right.. None on the ceiling then.!!  :wink:

Alex

No I took them down after hubby moved out !  :cool:  :cool:

Cassandra

As they say in my game then (Cricket) 'next man in' :wink:

Alex

What ! and lose my control of the remote,  no way José  :grin:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on September 09, 2024, 10:19:14 PMAs they say in my game then (Cricket) 'next man in' :wink:

Or... GAME OVER..