Good Lord!

Started by Michael Rolls, September 06, 2024, 07:15:30 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

It's two years today since Liz Truss became PM - never thought that it was that long ago.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 06, 2024, 07:15:30 AMIt's two years today since Liz Truss became PM - never thought that it was that long ago.
Life seems to speed up towards the end of the conveyor belt.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

it does indeed. What I can't my head round is that individual days seem everlasting, yet the weeks and months seem to flash past
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

It all goes too quickly for me, the only day that drags is a Sunday when sometimes I dont see anyone.

Two years since Lizz Truss is unbelievable though, in fact Michael I had to Google it  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Mups

Some Scientists are saying that the planet really is spinning faster now.   
I wonder why, and what has caused it?

See here:

Scientists reported that in 2020 Earth had started spinning faster, after consistently spinning slower than 86,400 seconds per day in the decades before.

klondike

Quote from: Mups on September 06, 2024, 09:12:40 AMScientists reported that in 2020 Earth had started spinning faster, after consistently spinning slower than 86,400 seconds per day in the decades before.
Give us back our 11 millionths of a second  :angry:

Mups

Quote from: klondike on September 06, 2024, 09:14:56 AMGive us back our 11 millionths of a second  :angry:

You will have to get up earlier to get all your jobs done now.  :smiley:

Diasi

Quote from: Mups on September 06, 2024, 09:12:40 AMSome Scientists are saying that the planet really is spinning faster now.   
I wonder why, and what has caused it?

See here:

Scientists reported that in 2020 Earth had started spinning faster, after consistently spinning slower than 86,400 seconds per day in the decades before.
Is this why it's getting more windy?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Well, the planet must be losing something as angular momentum is being conserved.

Mups

Quote from: Diasi on September 06, 2024, 09:21:21 AMIs this why it's getting more windy?

You should take something for that. 

dextrous63

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 06, 2024, 09:29:01 AMWell, the planet must be losing something as angular momentum is being conserved.
Gets transferred to the moon I think.