Am I cheating..?

Started by Scrumpy, August 29, 2024, 12:39:04 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I am doing a tea party on Sunday.. 
Scones.. clotted cream.. sandwiches.. and fancy cakes..
I bought all the ingredients to do my own baking..
Then , all of a sudden, I decided not to..

I have an order coming from M&S.. It includes cakes.. scones etc;

I am making all the sandwiches.. 

Am I cheating..? Would you cheat.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Don't worry about it, Scrumpy.

You'll have enough to do with cleaning & tidying, sorting out seating, making loads of sandwiches and providing drinks etc,  let alone all the clearing up afterwards,  so I don't blame you in the least.

M & S do some nice food,  so most people wouldn't know the difference anyway.
Just relax and enjoy your day.     

. . . .  Oh . . . .  and save me a cheese scone please.  :wink:

dextrous63

klondike

Lazy is not holding the party.

dextrous63

That's not lazy.  That'd be just plain mean😬

On which subject, when we used to have my wife's distant relatives round for Christmas...

One occasion two of them turned up with a chocolate cake, with a slice missing.

On several occasions, another would turn up saying they had meant to bring a bottle of wine, but had left it at home.

On another occasion, a couple turned up with a box of Mr Kiplings Christmas elves fruit cake slices (which cost £1).  6 slices in the box.  8 people having dinner🙄

GrannyMac

My kind of catering Scrumpy!  Not cheating unless you advertised it as 'all homemade'.  🫖🍰🧁🥧🥮
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 29, 2024, 02:41:20 PMMy kind of catering Scrumpy!  Not cheating unless you advertised it as 'all homemade'.  🫖🍰🧁🥧🥮
I did..  :grin: I told my family that I was going to bake cakes and scones.. I bought all the ingredients to do so..
 BUT.. 

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 29, 2024, 04:11:20 PMI did..  :grin: I told my family that I was going to bake cakes and scones.. I bought all the ingredients to do so..
 BUT..
:busted:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I've 'bought in' before now too.    M & S food is really nice, it's not cheating you're making the butties ! :smiley:

Scrumpy

You are right Alex..
I am making the 'butties'...
I have to butter the bread... make various fillings.. Not jars of  sardine and tomato paste.. :nooo: 
Cut the crusts off and make them look inviting on the trays.. I need all my wits about me..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 30, 2024, 11:34:53 AMYou are right Alex..
I am making the 'butties'...
I have to butter the bread... make various fillings.. Not jars of  sardine and tomato paste.. :nooo:
Cut the crusts off and make them look inviting on the trays.. I need all my wits about me..

I really miss M&S food, especially their cakes!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on August 30, 2024, 02:35:30 PMI really miss M&S food, especially their cakes!
Martin . You would be first on my guest list.. x

dextrous63

Quote from: Cassandra on August 30, 2024, 02:35:30 PMI really miss M&S food, especially their cakes!
I might as well irritate you further by telling you we get a discount as my daughter works in one of their stores.😊

Mups

Hope you enjoy your get-together tomorrow, Scrumps.

Save me that cheese scone, won't you, please.  :smiley:

dextrous63

Agreed.

Nothing to worry about those scones.  I cooked them myself a few weeks back and froze them before M&S asked me to ship them out to you as being fresh, Scrumps.

Back in the days when I smoked, the tar on my fingers actually helped to give them a bit of extra colouring as I hand mixed the dough.  Nowadays I have to rely on other things. :smiley: