grim warning

Started by Michael Rolls, August 25, 2024, 09:50:41 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: Raven on August 26, 2024, 07:09:46 PMThe sooner that lot are gone, the better. But who would be next? Would the Tories return? How they would gloat.
This lot would be infinitely better...

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 26, 2024, 07:51:51 PMLabour get to choose the next election date. The only provision is that it must be 5 years or less from the last.

Starmer or the Labour party get to choose when Starmer goes.

Youtube is stuffed full of videos complaining about Starmer

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&sca_esv=d71f265c45fd02a5&sca_upv=1&sxsrf=ADLYWIJgD-Z6XPYvalStyvwIO1hoANxEPQ:1724698460490&q=starmer&tbm=vid&source=lnms&fbs=AEQNm0Aa4sjWe7Rqy32pFwRj0UkWtG_mNb-HwafvV8cKK_h1a5eSkyfXNgRC6a9SKsMT7FJcpNbhuyop7vethc16lXGVekItjKTF5tpJ3QHf6xA-aU9fko1iNbKSkgFR7owO2aJBpLpsbB14GGsQyS4jW9ewNvV-TuB9xj8jgHN06Qjk_SwhxnsXRtH7i8tkw_1wfF0BPdVC&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiz3NO4qpOIAxWd_7sIHfv9NeUQ0pQJegQIEhAB&biw=1536&bih=735&dpr=1.25

Doubtless Twitter too. None of it will make any difference.
I agree on the legalities, but I wonder whether if there is enormous public outrage before his time is up, they may be 'persuaded' to call an early election.
If the entire country is in civil war, it's even a slight possibility that a Royal decree will be made!
Numquam credere Gallicum

Ashy

They're more likely to take advice from Klaus Schwab than the British public.

Mups

Quote from: Raven on August 26, 2024, 07:09:46 PMThe sooner that lot are gone, the better. But who would be next? Would the Tories return? How they would gloat.

Surely not???

The British public might as well put Sunak and Starmer on a kids See-Saw and give the job to the one who gets his feet on the ground first.   
To keep going from Labour to Tory and back  again,  is unbelievable.    Can't people see with their own eyes,  it doesn't work,   so why keep repeating the same mistake again and again, for heaven's sake?

I am so fed up with all who voted Starmer in,  then moaning about it now.   
The great British public chose the man,  and now we've all gonna pay for it.   

Raven

I certainly didn't vote for Labour, nor the Tories.

Mups

Quote from: Raven on August 26, 2024, 10:28:45 PMI certainly didn't vote for Labour, nor the Tories.
Sorry Raven,  I wasn't meaning you personally. 

klondike

There was only going to be one outcome of that election. The only thing in question was by how much Labour would win.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on August 26, 2024, 10:57:05 PMThere was only going to be one outcome of that election. The only thing in question was by how much Labour would win.
It's a strange idea really.  Calling the least unpopular the winners.

klondike

It's arses on seats that count. Perhaps once in our golden age the government was not the biggest bunch of arses but not in my memory.

Scrumpy

I hope those that voted for them are beginning to realise their mistake in doing so..
Especially the pensioners who have lost their WFA.. They must be kicking themselves..
Fools that they are..
I doubt he will reign long.. It will be another cock-up .. and they will start arguing amongst themselves.. Like the Conservatives, they will go through a few leaders...
Meanwhile ,Farage will sit quietly in the wings.. waiting for his cue..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Quote from: Mups on August 26, 2024, 10:31:35 PMSorry Raven,  I wasn't meaning you personally. 

No worries, I know you didn't mean it that way.  :wink:

Diasi

All of the old Corbyn & Momentum Labour Party members, who posed a real threat to him have already been kicked out by Starmer.

The core root & branch membership has fallen through the floor so I imagine that Starmer's Labour Party is being funded by 'new' sources who will benefit from his political manoeuvrings.

What I do know is many of us in our 80s, who enjoyed the harsh life during WW2, will probably die under Labour's self-imposed harsh life as things will only get worse, as they did under Blair.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I've heard suggestions that Starmer is trying to exclude the membership from the selection of party leader. The suggestion was that he fears that the ginger growler is more popular with the members than he is and wants to head off any coupe.

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 27, 2024, 09:12:08 AMI hope those that voted for them are beginning to realise their mistake in doing so..
Especially the pensioners who have lost their WFA.. They must be kicking themselves..
Fools that they are..
I doubt he will reign long.. It will be another cock-up .. and they will start arguing amongst themselves.. Like the Conservatives, they will go through a few leaders...
Meanwhile ,Farage will sit quietly in the wings.. waiting for his cue..
I agree.
Of course, not as many as it seems did vote for Labour.  One reason they got in was that many people, fed up with the Conservatives decided they couldn't vote for them, and those who chose to vote Labour have short memories!
I hope that many people now realise that neither of the so-called 'two main parties' are worth voting for, and if they still don't they now have a further five years to the inevitable realisation.
I sincerely hope that all genuine British people, and also those muslims who are not brainwashed by their religion (and I do know a few), will now begin to realise that the only political party now willing and capable of restoring civilisation to this country is Reform UK.
Numquam credere Gallicum