Anneliese Dodds Labour Minister

Started by Alex, August 23, 2024, 10:17:19 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Development Minister Anneliese Dodds has today [22 August] announced vital UK aid for people in South Sudan, who face a humanitarian crisis driven by conflict, drought and flooding.

A total funding package of £86 million for this year was announced during her visit to the country this week. 

Now, I thought due to the reckless policies of the previous Government that we were broke ? Seems the magic money tree has appeared again  :grin:

Vlad

The magic money tree is us, standby for another tax.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

The country has what it voted for. The party I voted for didn't win. Maybe they will next time. If not it won't be my fault.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on August 23, 2024, 10:17:19 AMDevelopment Minister Anneliese Dodds has today [22 August] announced vital UK aid for people in South Sudan, who face a humanitarian crisis driven by conflict, drought and flooding.

A total funding package of £86 million for this year was announced during her visit to the country this week. 

Now, I thought due to the reckless policies of the previous Government that we were broke ? Seems the magic money tree has appeared again  :grin:

No need to worry, Alex.

When this country is broke, probably by the end of the Labour term of office, I'm sure that South Sudan will look after us.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Perhaps we could keep the money in the uk by shipping the entire population of South Susan over here.

Alex

Didn't Bob Geldof sort out Sudan years ago ?

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on August 23, 2024, 10:53:49 AMThe country has what it voted for. The party I voted for didn't win. Maybe they will next time. If not it won't be my fault.
There wasn't a party I wanted to vote for in my constituency!  Spoiled paper for the first time ever.

August 23, 2024, 12:41:42 PM
Quote from: JBR on August 23, 2024, 11:12:36 AMNo need to worry, Alex.

When this country is broke, probably by the end of the Labour term of office, I'm sure that South Sudan will look after us.
🤣😂🤣
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 23, 2024, 12:41:22 PMThere wasn't a party I wanted to vote for in my constituency!  Spoiled paper for the first time ever.

August 23, 2024, 12:41:42 PM🤣😂🤣
Fortunately, Reform was standing in my constituency and, of course, I voted for them.

Unfortunately, most of the people living here always vote for the Tories or Liberals.  It is something they have always done for as long as I remember.
I suspect that such attitudes are reflected all over the country: the two-party idea.  I find it unfortunate that there are not many more British people who feel able to get out of the two-party politics system we have had for a hundred years, especially as both of the 'two main parties' are either incompetent (Tories) or downright dangerous (Labour).
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Of those who voted, 1 in 7 voted for reform, for its paltry number of seats in parliament.

That means that 1 in 7 people in the UK must be hard line Nazi fascists.  Where will Labour find room to imprison them?

klondike

They will be punishing all the miscreants with fines as well as prison.

Some have already been fined £200 or £300 each. They will be levying many further fines too as has been announced with details to come in the budget.

Some punished did not vote for Reform but are believed to have considered them which is just as evil and some won't have heard of them and are being punished for not being ever vigilant to evil.

Of course the sort offenders, those publicly criticising the government for instance, will have to be imprisoned. Room will be made for them until the expected extra 3 or 4 million places are constructed by releasing lesser offenders such as rapists, murderers and the like.

dextrous63

I suggested elsewhere that the UK ought to ship the entire population of suffering people from South Sudan.  There are (no doubt) other large swathes of people who are having a tough time.  Ship them all here instead.  Don't bother with international aid...spend it all at home looking after these unfortunates.

Why mention this here?

Simples...because there will be a shed load of houses, flats, shacks etc now available in these other countries which fascists (ie anyone who didn't vote Labour) can be sent to live in.

Oh, the irony of this led to these personae non grata (ie British patriots) having to make their way to Calais and get into a dinghy to make their way to Blighty and beg to stay.

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on August 23, 2024, 02:06:44 PMFortunately, Reform was standing in my constituency and, of course, I voted for them.

Unfortunately, most of the people living here always vote for the Tories or Liberals.  It is something they have always done for as long as I remember.
I suspect that such attitudes are reflected all over the country: the two-party idea.  I find it unfortunate that there are not many more British people who feel able to get out of the two-party politics system we have had for a hundred years, especially as both of the 'two main parties' are either incompetent (Tories) or downright dangerous (Labour).
The part of Cheshire where my son and family live has gone from long term Conservative to Labour, Reform split the vote. The possible slackening of planning regulations by Labour may come back to bite them.  In South Yorkshire, Labour are practically guaranteed seats. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 23, 2024, 03:34:24 PMThe part of Cheshire where my son and family live has gone from long term Conservative to Labour, Reform split the vote. The possible slackening of planning regulations by Labour may come back to bite them.  In South Yorkshire, Labour are practically guaranteed seats.
I'm sure that even the most ardent Labour voters will begin to realise what they have let themselves - what the hell, all of us - in for.

The best thing that could happen for us, and the entire country, is for an early election to be called of necessity.  This government is doing everything it can do to destroy this country.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Civil servants will be rather pleased with Labour. As will Junior doctors, train drivers and doubtless many other groups soon. Probably only in the short term of course.  We here must surely have seen all this before. Oh if only our ages could revert back to those days too. 

Of course we all survived it back then but we face an even bigger insidious threat these days than just a looney government.

Ashy

We could abolish elected mayors, that would save money, but seriously, South Sudan is an oil state with vast agricultural and mineral resources, and it's the successor to the Sudanese state that gained independence from Egypt/Great Britain in 1961 and more recently with American backing, from the Republic of the Sudan. If anything, they should be helping us.  Not only that, but an odd sort of invasion-cum-civil war is going on in the Republic of Sudan, and if anyone heeds some help they do, but preferably not from us, they have friends in northern Europe and the Gulf region.