Yacht Sinking

Started by Alex, August 22, 2024, 10:24:23 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

I know I can be a conspiracy theorist  :smiley: just a bit....  but does anyone think it was quite a coincidence that his co defendant in the fraud trial was killed in a car accident two days  before the yacht sank ?

Scrumpy

My thoughts exactly.. All very strange..

August 22, 2024, 10:40:06 AM

The yacht cost 30 million..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Scrumpy

They have recovered his body..
Apparently the yacht was caught up in a water spout..

Ashy

Quote from: Alex on August 22, 2024, 10:24:23 AMI know I can be a conspiracy theorist  :smiley: just a bit....  but does anyone think it was quite a coincidence that his co defendant in the fraud trial was killed in a car accident two days  before the yacht sank ?

Goodness gracious. 

Alex

Quote from: Ashy on August 22, 2024, 11:30:04 AMGoodness gracious.

Yep, he was run over by a car when out jogging - poor man.  Police say 'nothing untoward' about the circumstances.

muddy

Quote from: Alex on August 22, 2024, 10:43:10 AMAllegedly unsinkable.
That is what they said about the Titanic .
No boat is unsinkable .

dextrous63

Quote from: muddy on August 23, 2024, 07:07:56 AMThat is what they said about the Titanic .
No boat is unsinkable .
Apart from the Irish unsinkable submarine.

Ashy

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 23, 2024, 07:11:44 AMApart from the Irish unsinkable submarine.
What happened to it?

ansu

If our papers are correct many mistakes have been made by the captain and his crew. A storm was forecast, but some portholes were open and usually in such a situation passengers shouldn't stay in their cabins they write. 

muddy

The sea is unpredictable and dangerous .

dextrous63

Quote from: ansu on August 23, 2024, 10:38:29 PMIf our papers are correct many mistakes have been made by the captain and his crew. A storm was forecast, but some portholes were open and usually in such a situation passengers shouldn't stay in their cabins they write.
All doors should have been closed, the anchor raised, the engines turned on and the boat turned to face any swell.

Scrumpy

It would seem that the right precautions were not adhered to by the Captain.. 
 The same with the Titanic.. the captain refused to slow down.. even when warned of Icebergs ahead..   
Most accidents are caused by man..

JBR

If this is the same yacht I heard about in the news the other day, it was suggested that its mast was sufficiently tall that in windy conditions it made the vessel unstable.
If, as mentioned above, various preventative measures had not been taken, the yacht could have been blown over to the side due to the height of the mast and water entered through any openings, flooding it.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: muddy on August 24, 2024, 06:35:58 AMThe sea is unpredictable and dangerous .

Yes,  but so is all nature. 

Look at Cyclones, wild fires, the sea, sink holes, heat waves, volcanoes - like the one in Iceland at the mo.

I don't think man will ever outwit nature.