Ignorance is bliss..

Started by Scrumpy, August 19, 2024, 09:44:19 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I read most of the threads on here..
I am not too clever when it comes to world politics.. So I understand little of what I read here and in the media..

I guess you could say that I am one of the lucky ones..
I just go about my business in my own little world.. I enjoy family 'Do's'..
and meeting up for a coffee with my mates.. Chatting to people about the price of Spam.. and of course, the weather..
I look forward to popping down to Devon.. and sleeping over at my daughters..
Of late I find my own bed more comfortable .. and being solely in charge of the remote control and bed times..
My old banger will see me through.. I don't need a flash motor.. I still arrive at my destination .. she will never get nicked..
My garden gives me pleasure.. 
Whoever is running this country will continue to do so, with or without my vote..
 Let the young of today work out the problems of tomorrow.. I have done my bit..

Yes... Ignorance is bliss..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I could have written this too Scrumpy :grin: apart from letting the young of today work things out, now that worries me !!!

klondike

I thought I'd done my bit for my grandchildren by voting to leave the EU. Looks like they will still get screwed over by the politicians.

Quite what makes you think others understand the world is a bit of a mystery to me.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on August 19, 2024, 09:59:08 AMI could have written this too Scrumpy :grin: apart from letting the young of today work things out, now that worries me !!!

We were young once.. I am sure our seniors thought the same of us..

There are stupid kids and smart kids..
As so with adults..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 19, 2024, 09:44:19 AMI read most of the threads on here..
I am not too clever when it comes to world politics.. So I understand little of what I read here and in the media..

I guess you could say that I am one of the lucky ones..
I just go about my business in my own little world.. I enjoy family 'Do's'..
and meeting up for a coffee with my mates.. Chatting to people about the price of Spam.. and of course, the weather..
I look forward to popping down to Devon.. and sleeping over at my daughters..
Of late I find my own bed more comfortable .. and being solely in charge of the remote control and bed times..
My old banger will see me through.. I don't need a flash motor.. I still arrive at my destination .. she will never get nicked..
My garden gives me pleasure..
Whoever is running this country will continue to do so, with or without my vote..
 Let the young of today work out the problems of tomorrow.. I have done my bit..

Yes... Ignorance is bliss..

I feel pretty much the same as you, Scrumpy. 

Vlad

I don't really care about much these days,,,I gave up caring when I became a civvy.
I think we have reached a point where we must accept that the UK is not fit for purpose, the  Armed services are not fit for purpose. The Civil Service is not fit for purpose and The Judicial Service is not fit for purpose. We have a political system that rewards nepotism, sycophantry and mediocracy. We can't even stop an invasion of unarmed males in rubber boats arriving on our beaches.
I am having a Black Dog moment ....
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on August 21, 2024, 04:23:08 PMI don't really care about much these days,,,I gave up caring when I became a civvy.
I think we have reached a point where we must accept that the UK is not fit for purpose, the  Armed services are not fit for purpose. The Civil Service is not fit for purpose and The Judicial Service is not fit for purpose. We have a political system that rewards nepotism, sycophantry and mediocracy. We can't even stop an invasion of unarmed males in rubber boats arriving on our beaches.
I am having a Black Dog moment ....
Coincidental with you leaving the army?  Come on now.  Don't be modest.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on August 21, 2024, 04:58:40 PMBut apart from that...
I am still alive 🤣

August 21, 2024, 07:07:36 PM
Quote from: JBR on August 21, 2024, 05:51:16 PMCoincidental with you leaving the army?  Come on now.  Don't be modest.
You are RIGHT! 🤪🤪

Alex

Were you in Germany with the army Vlad ?

Vlad

Quote from: Alex on August 21, 2024, 07:37:23 PMWere you in Germany with the army Vlad ?
Yes I was...Verden, Sennelager and Birgelen.
I remember the many times that I stood guard in wet German forests on guard with a pick helve, I was the last defence between Western Democracy and the Russian 6th Red Banner Combined Arms Army...I am the reason they never invaded. I should get a medal.

Alex

I worked in HQ 1 BR (Corps) Bielefeld for a while, then I lived near Paderborn for a few years so know Sennelager quite well.  Do you remember a British child going missing from the NAAFI in Sennelager ? she was never found.

Vlad

Quote from: Alex on August 21, 2024, 07:48:30 PMI worked in HQ 1 BR (Corps) Bielefeld for a while, then I lived near Paderborn for a few years so know Sennelager quite well.  Do you remember a British child going missing from the NAAFI in Sennelager ? she was never found.
Yes she went missing from the NAAFI at Schloss Neuhaus 
I was attached to 39 Missile Regiment in Senne, possibly my worst posting 😁 My good lady and I used to strut our stuff at the Ambassador Club in Paderborn

Alex

That was it Schloss Neuhaus :upvote:

Vlad

Quote from: Alex on August 21, 2024, 09:28:05 PMThat was it Schloss Neuhaus :upvote:
That was the NAAFI my good lady and I used to shop in