Look who I saw in Pickering ...

Started by Silver Tabby, August 09, 2024, 09:34:23 AM

« previous - next »

Silver Tabby

... yesterday, sitting atop a pillar box outside the Post Office!

Scrumpy

Very clever.. Lovely to see.. It brightens the place up..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 09, 2024, 11:36:07 AMVery clever.. Lovely to see.. It brightens the place up..

I agree.
We have some round here as well,  and I think they are both clever and amusing.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

Excellent.

Am trying to remember who tried to get postman pat cancelled since (it was claimed) there was something of a sinister sexual nature about him.

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 10, 2024, 08:11:41 AMExcellent.

Am trying to remember who tried to get postman pat cancelled since (it was claimed) there was something of a sinister sexual nature about him.
I was always suspicious of Noddy and Big Ears..  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Poor Pat I always felt sorry for him with only 3 fingers on each hand

dextrous63

Postman Pat, Noddy and indeed many more of the genre were filmed at Cosgrove Hall in Chorlton, Manchester, under a mile away from my house.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosgrove_Hall_Films

When it closed down, McCarthy Stone built retirement flats on the site.  My MiL was one of the first people to buy one of the flats, and she still lives there now.

Silver Tabby

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 10, 2024, 04:26:20 PMPostman Pat, Noddy and indeed many more of the genre were filmed at Cosgrove Hall in Chorlton, Manchester, under a mile away from my house.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosgrove_Hall_Films

When it closed down, McCarthy Stone built retirement flats on the site.  My MiL was one of the first people to buy one of the flats, and she still lives there now.

But does Postman Pat still deliver her post?

Silver Tabby