The Grim Reaper

Started by Scrumpy, August 01, 2024, 03:41:17 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Watching a bit of daytime television.. Not much happening on it.. I do have loads of apps and channels on offer but I can't be bothered ..
 What I have noticed is all the advertising for funerals and the planning of them.. 
One showing people meeting in the street..
'I've just been to a lovely funeral' one said
They go on to discuss how great the funeral company is..
Do people REALLY talk about funerals when meeting up. ?
As if it was a party...
 Bloody depressing.. Especially  when not feeling too great..
Imagine the old folk in nursing homes sitting around watching this.. !! They must be looking at one another and thinking who is going to be next..
I wonder if they have any bets going on.. .!!

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

I frequently walk up to strangers and discuss funerals, good and bad undertakers, the well-being of the horse that is sometimes used to pull the hearse, plus crematoria burning temperatures and the effect on climate change that this has.  Discussing and sharing pictures of post-mortems with mothers pushing their buggies is a commonplace event round here.

Are you saying that you don't do this Scrumps?  How very unusual.

klondike

I long ago decided that I fervently hope that the next funeral I attend is my own. I hate the things. Would I discuss them? No way Jose. Am I surprised that Dex does? Absolutely not - it's what I have come to expect.

dextrous63

Obviously, my earlier missive was tongue in cheek.  However, not sure about you, but at my tender age, I have started the transition (no, not that one!!) away from attending boozy birthday parties and weddings, and nowadays am more likely to go to birthday parties for the elderly, and funerals.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 01, 2024, 05:51:57 PMObviously, my earlier missive was tongue in cheek.  However, not sure about you, but at my tender age, I have started the transition (no, not that one!!) away from attending boozy birthday parties and weddings, and nowadays am more likely to go to birthday parties for the elderly, and funerals.

Ooer,  do you really feel 97  is a 'tender age',  Dexy?    :wink:

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on August 01, 2024, 08:49:24 PMOoer,  do you really feel 97  is a 'tender age',  Dexy?    :wink:
Compared to you, yes :grin:

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 01, 2024, 08:52:39 PMCompared to you, yes :grin:

I'll have you know I am still a spring chicken compared to you, Sir. 

klondike

Dex 97? Are we talking age or IQ here?

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 01, 2024, 09:30:33 PMDex 97? Are we talking age or IQ here?

I will leave that to you to imagine.     
He will be after me with a big stick as it is.   

dextrous63

What the deuce?  Utter scurrilous behaviour from you two.  Let me remind you of the old saying...you shouldn't feed the hand that bites you.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 01, 2024, 11:13:10 PMWhat the deuce?  Utter scurrilous behaviour from you two.  Let me remind you of the old saying...you shouldn't feed the hand that bites you.

OK  Petal,  I shall behave meself now.  :smiley:

I'm sure you are really tall, dark and handsome and I mustn't distrupt poor Scrumpy's thread any more.
Sorry Scrumps. 

Goodnight all,  sweet dreams.  :wink:

GrannyMac

The last funeral I went to was of a younger friend's husband.  Very sudden, and felt unfair somehow.   Not a topic I've discussed with anyone really. And I don't care if I have one or not. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Funerals have never been discussed at any of my 'meet ups' but ailments do play large part  :grin:

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 01, 2024, 03:41:17 PMWatching a bit of daytime television.. Not much happening on it.. I do have loads of apps and channels on offer but I can't be bothered ..
 What I have noticed is all the advertising for funerals and the planning of them..
One showing people meeting in the street..
'I've just been to a lovely funeral' one said
They go on to discuss how great the funeral company is..
Do people REALLY talk about funerals when meeting up. ?
As if it was a party...
 Bloody depressing.. Especially  when not feeling too great..
Imagine the old folk in nursing homes sitting around watching this.. !! They must be looking at one another and thinking who is going to be next..
I wonder if they have any bets going on.. .!!

The winner won't know they've won.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..