Main Menu

The Bins

Started by Alex, July 29, 2024, 08:32:37 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

This morning about 8 am I heard a loud rumbling noise outside, looked out the window and it was a bin truck, an electric one ! It looked like an elongated cement truck with the drum rotating.  First thing I thought was I wonder how long the battery lasts 🔋  :grin:

klondike

I wonder how many extra pot holes it will cause.

Alex

That's a thought , it'll probably make our potholes even bigger

dextrous63

Perhaps they could incorporate a road resurfacer/pothole repair machine into it.  After all, the weight of the bloody thing will be more than ample compared to any (steam) roller.😬😉

Raven

Our lot are all ready for another Strike. :angry: They want more money and they want it yesterday. Strange how they are threatening this when The Fringe is about to start in Edinburgh. This time they have managed to rope in most of the other Councils in Scotland. :sad:
The whole City stank the last time they did this, they're getting as bad as the Rail Workers. Greed Greed and more Greed. :yell:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/22/scotland-bin-strikes-unions-reject-new-pay-offer

JBR

If the greedy buggers won't do it, the council should advertise for someone else to do it and give them temporary responsibility.

I'm all for trade unions, but we are all having to cut corners with these governments lately messing things up.  Why should certain workers think they are above such things?
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

We'll see more and more of this with a labour government. In a short scan of the headlines a moment ago I see that junior doctors will be getting over 20% over two years and something about a GP strike. Given their current availability I'm not sure if it was the current one ending or one starting. If the latter will anybody actually notice?

On the topic of the papers is it some cunning government ploy to bump off elderly blokes by stuffing the pages with increasing numbers of pics of young (well younger than me anyhow) ladies with an ever decreasing percentage of flesh covered?

Alex

Is it a coincidence they waited for a Labour Government  :cool:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 29, 2024, 02:17:19 PMIs it a coincidence they waited for a Labour Government  :cool:
Of course not.  The Tories were bad enough, but of course Labour are always claiming to support the working man.  From that, of course, I'm sure they mean the shirking man who has a strong union.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

A bit like the illegals at Calais now there's no Rwanda deterrent.   Ok perhaps Rwanda was a bad plan, but surely it was better than no deterrent ?

Raven

Alex

Raven

Yes in the end, AND it took 12(I think)days to get it all cleaned up.

klondike

12 days on overtime. Bonus.

Mups

Quote from: Raven on July 29, 2024, 02:28:08 PMYes in the end, AND it took 12(I think)days to get it all cleaned up.

We will soon be over-run with wild foxes and rats taking through the rubbish, too.