Where is this?

Started by Silver Tabby, July 24, 2024, 12:27:01 PM

« previous - next »

Silver Tabby

Just been emailed this photo of an amazing library - but - neither the sender nor I know where it is.

Any ideas?

Raven

I think it's in China or Japan, I saw that pic a few weeks ago and it had what looked like their type of writing across the top.

Scrumpy

Could it be part of the Vatican Library..!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

Raven..  It certainly has a Japanese look about it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Valerian found out on the mothership.  I'll screenshot my own search, but the credit goes to Val

Raven

Where's St Florain?

This is why I thought it maybe in China.

dextrous63

Raven

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 24, 2024, 02:19:29 PMAustria

Ahhh, Right. Thanks. I was excellent at History but rubbish at Geography. :busted:

Mups

I confess it was me who sent Tabby the photo.   I hadn't a clue where it was, nor how to find out, so thank you Tabby.
Thanks also for the comments and helping to solve it, everyone.   

I think its an amazing building.   I'd love to see it for real. 

dextrous63

Could do with some laminate flooring.

And some more internet access stations.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 24, 2024, 03:23:07 PMCould do with some laminate flooring.

And some more internet access stations.
Could also do with several more ladders unless you have long arms, looking at how tall those bookshelves are.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on July 24, 2024, 05:10:40 PMCould also do with several more ladders unless you have long arms, looking at how tall those bookshelves are.
Yep.  Way too high. Either install cherry pickers or chop the shelving down to waist height.  Above all, given the possibility of a book falling from way on up, high viz jackets and helmets should be worn at all times.

I hope they've got suitable fire hydrants in position.

Whoever designed the place just wasn't thinking ahead about the perils.  (S)he should be struck off the register of architects as a matter of urgency.