Bus set on fire and worse in Leeds

Started by GrannyMac, July 19, 2024, 06:37:12 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Funny how it's coincided with a Labour Government.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I saw a few clips on Twitter, it was chaotic and the police appeared to be retreating. 

klondike

Long story and the only hint of what it might be about way way down community tensions.

I still have no real clue but doubtless the locals all know based maybe on the area. Broken Britain.

dextrous63

Reading between the lines...social
workers arrive to take some children into care for their own good, family kicks off, extended family kicks off, whole street kicks off, bored unemployed thugs join in, police leave it for a while after helping social workers and children get to safety in the hope it'll settle down.  It doesn't, and boom...away you go.

JBR

This is disgusting and the sort of thing we would expect in a poorly-governed third-world country.
From what I can see, the police are totally ineffective in such situations, and have been since Treason May sacked half the forces and ensured that wimps were put in charge of police forces.

Add to that the fact that we don't have enough prison places now to put criminals away, and it is only to be expected that the yobs will take over.

There are, of course, effective means of putting an end to this present situation where such people feel they can do what the hell they like.  Water cannon, hard police from the forces if necessary, long prison sentences in traditional prisons including real punishments, and my favourite: hanging for murder.

Unfortunately, this government is not going to do anything.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

In retrospect, it's a pity that our judiciary didn't manage to hang the advocates for the removal of capital punishment, and also to give life sentences to those who wanted softer sentences.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 19, 2024, 09:22:42 PMIn retrospect, it's a pity that our judiciary didn't manage to hang the advocates for the removal of capital punishment, and also to give life sentences to those who wanted softer sentences.
To be fair, I understand that there are many people who still disagree with capital punishment, but I'd hazard a guess that most of those people are well-off and living in nice, peaceful places far removed from the areas of this country where the criminal fraternity form a large proportion of the population.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the law-abiding population here would support the re-introduction of hanging for murder.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

No respect for the police today, but is it surprising ? 

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 20, 2024, 11:13:25 AMNo respect for the police today, but is it surprising ? 

They are indeed a joke today.

This trendy modern wokery today has a great deal to answer for.
It reminds me of Germany in the '30s, when the Nazi party began to arise.  Admittedly, they went a little too far, but I firmly believe that a more moderate equivalent coming to the fore in this country could be our only hope for the future.

Reform, of course, but it seems that so many people see them as too far right which, I completely disagree with.  Actually, I see them as today's equivalent to the traditional Conservative party... and to be honest, our only possible option if we want to restore our country's values.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

Ashy

If the conservative government had lived up to its name, and done conservative things, there would be no Reform Party and in all probability Nigel Farage would be a conservative, and it's conceivable that there would be a conservative government still. 

klondike

Plus I wouldn't be expecting to freeze my balls off during the coming winter or deplete my savings to avoid that,