Main Menu

Red Arrows

Started by Alex, July 14, 2024, 12:02:22 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

The Red Arrows will take off at 2.15pm on Sunday, will fly west towards the Peak District and Buxton at 2.28pm, then over Alsager and Tarporley in Cheshire before landing in Liverpool at 2.35pm.

I think JB is in the North West, just incase anyone else is nearby. :upvote:

I've never seen them live, only on telly  so I'm asking Alexa to give me a reminder tomorrow.

GrannyMac

It's pity we're not at our son's tomorrow, we go via Buxton.  They're not far from Alsager.  I'll give them the heads up.  We saw them years ago from our garden when we lived in Doncaster and Finningley was still an RAF airbase.   Brilliant!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I have never seen them.. It must be spectacular to watch..

Many years back I saw Concord fly over from Gatwick.. That was a sight to behold..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 14, 2024, 12:02:22 AMThe Red Arrows will take off at 2.15pm on Sunday, will fly west towards the Peak District and Buxton at 2.28pm, then over Alsager and Tarporley in Cheshire before landing in Liverpool at 2.35pm.

I think JB is in the North West, just incase anyone else is nearby. :upvote:

I've never seen them live, only on telly  so I'm asking Alexa to give me a reminder tomorrow.

I am, but unfortunately I only read this post after they'd landed!  Thanks anyway.

July 14, 2024, 02:52:05 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on July 14, 2024, 06:44:01 AMIt's pity we're not at our son's tomorrow, we go via Buxton.  They're not far from Alsager.  I'll give them the heads up.  We saw them years ago from our garden when we lived in Doncaster and Finningley was still an RAF airbase.  Brilliant!
Yes.  When I was in the RAF, some of us went to Finningley to watch, among other things, a Vulcan bomber doing some aerobatics.  I have always been impressed by how such a large machine can do things like that.  Of course, that was when we produced some of the best aircraft in the world, even better than America in some ways.
Numquam credere Gallicum

GrannyMac

Our next door neighbour there was in the RAF stationed at Finningley.  My daughter now lives on the estate that includes some of the old RAF quarters. The entrance is flanked by two very large houses, I think one is called Vulcan House.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I think there was too much cloud today because we didn't see the Red Arrows.     :sad:

Diasi

I must have seen them a few hundred times in the 10 years I've lived near to RAF Scampton before they moved about 5 miles to RAF Waddington in Oct 2022 so that RAF Scampton could start being turned into an illegal immigrants holding centre.

In fact it became so commonplace that I didn't even look up at them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

It'll probably end up being the same with the illegals....

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 14, 2024, 11:13:51 PMIt'll probably end up being the same with the illegals....
That's what the Government would like to happen.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on July 14, 2024, 10:20:34 PMIn fact it became so commonplace that I didn't even look up at them.

Aren't you lucky !

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on July 15, 2024, 02:19:53 PMAren't you lucky !
They're a bit like River Dance, once you've seen them you've seen them.
[email protected]

Ashy

This is probably a stupid question but why didn't they just put the illegals in Waddington?

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on July 15, 2024, 05:04:37 PMThis is probably a stupid question but why didn't they just put the illegals in Waddington?
Probably an MP living close to RAF Waddington.
Numquam credere Gallicum