Donald Trump Shot

Started by Alex, July 13, 2024, 11:52:25 PM

« previous - next »

Vlad

"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

I don't think I'd risk somebody being able to nick my earhole with an AR15 from 150 yards while I was moving about giving a speech.

Diasi

The security service gave the game away by shooting the suspect within seconds of him firing & then radioing "threat neutralised" which came through more or less as soon as they bundled Donald Trump to the floor.

I think the plan was to allow the shooter to kill Donald Trump & the security service didn't expect him to miss.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I see. I thought you were suggesting it wasn't an assassination attempt but a stunt. I suppose it is possible but I'm not really buying that. If they were going to let Trump be shot they would surely have picked a better shooter. Hitting a head at that range isn't especially challenging if you are given the time to pick your moment and the shooter shot 3 (I think) other people attempting it.

I'm more inclined to think it was a young bloke who got extraordinarily lucky in getting close enough to try.

This is a 300m rifle target

Michael Rolls

In my target shooting days a ten shot group at 100 yards an inch and a quarter across was just about par for the course. A target the size of a human head at 130 yards would be child's play
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

I think it was an assassination attempt with a complicit security service who saw the chance to let it happen.

It now seems very likely that a sniper had the shooter in his sights for at least 3 minutes.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on July 15, 2024, 07:23:56 AMwith a complicit security service
I think that would require too many to be complicit. Just about the whole team of almost certainly 20 or more. It's like saying the Tories planned to balls everything up - incompetence is a far more likely explanation.

I'm going with what we saw was what we got. No Grassy Knoll there. 

I saw in that Twitter item that was linked to above there were a lot putting it down to a publicity stunt thinking he had burst a blood capsule and asking why nobody else was shot. Well turns out they were. I suppose those conspiracy theorists will be claiming those were all faked too.

Vlad

klondike

Well you can't. I've been stood at the bar 5 minutes now and no sign. I'm off to see my mate Brian in 'spoons. I've got something to tell him anyway.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 15, 2024, 09:32:39 AMI think that would require too many to be complicit. Just about the whole team of almost certainly 20 or more. It's like saying the Tories planned to balls everything up - incompetence is a far more likely explanation.
I'm not saying that it was pre-planned & involved all the security service members.

It could be down to the one sniper who decided not to shoot when he should have done.
[email protected]

klondike

The suggestion I saw was that the police marksmen were looking further afield for a long range sniper and missed the shooter who was much closer than any shooter should have been able to get.

It will all come out in the inquiry. Or not.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 15, 2024, 01:39:49 PMThe suggestion I saw was that the police marksmen were looking further afield for a long range sniper and missed the shooter who was much closer than any shooter should have been able to get.

It will all come out in the inquiry. Or not.
closer than any shooter should have been able to get.

It'll be interesting to find out how he got onto that roof, that's for sure.

Anyway Donald is at a rally tonight, business as usual.

[email protected]

Ashy

He shot in the right place but the President moved his head. 

Vlad

Quote from: Ashy on July 15, 2024, 04:59:38 PMHe shot in the right place but the President moved his head.
'ear, ear!'