Douglas is Cancelled

Started by Scrumpy, July 10, 2024, 09:10:03 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I watched the first two episodes and then I lost interest.. 
I picked it up again yesterday.. It was brilliant.. 

I just couldn't work out who actually had taken the video of Douglas telling his (joke) at the wedding reception..

Did anyone here watch it.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Looked like it might be OK - I like Hugh Bonneville for starters so I've downloaded it. Had to use an alternate emporium as magnet.dl is off on holiday again.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29940008/

Scrumpy

Stick with it.. It certainly is worth it.. Let me know who you think took the video..

klondike

4 parter I see probably won't binge it or I won't be able to get up. Will let you know what I think about it and the crafty cameraperson.

GrannyMac

We've watched the first two, hanging in
 there!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

GrannyMac... It is brilliant..  Hang in there...

klondike

Watched first episode. I find it very funny as I'm a cynic myself. Feeling sorry for Douglas. Three women and a cast of others making life hard for him can't be fun.

So far it seems clear to me that Madeleine produced the original tweet using a shill account or maybe got a friend to. No motive known yet other than she maybe wants to be lead newsreader. Mind may well be changed later. 

Scrumpy

Don't say too much because GrannyMac is still watching it..
The mood will change..

Ruthio

I thought the first episode funny, after that.....no spoilers!!

klondike

I've done 2 now and the way 2 ended it pointed even more strongly to Madeleine. I'll watch the other two after I've eaten. Might msg you rather than post when it is done but you seemed puzzled having watched the lot.

If it was Midsomer murders I'd have that soppy assistant pegged for it on the grounds that it always turns out to be some inconsequential minor character you'd never consider.

Or the agent.

klondike

Watched them all now and enjoyed it. Some truly odd and awful characters in it. Sent PM on my theory on the video.