Main Menu

Diggerland

Started by Scrumpy, July 06, 2024, 09:33:53 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Later this month we are going to Diggerland Kent..
It has many diggers and heavy machinery.. They allow you to sit at and operate the controls.. 
My friend has been and he said that the adults enjoy it more than the kids..

I have driven and worked a small digger when we were doing the footings on the house.. and friends/neighbours would have a go.. Men (especially) love to get behind the controls of this sort of machinery..
 Anyone on here driven /operated large machinery/vehicles ?

No.. we are not taking any children.. Adults only.. :clap:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

I drove the harvester from one end of the field to the other. Didn't like it one bit sooo big. Won't ever be doing that again. [1080]
Driven the tractor a few times too, but again was glad to get out of it.

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 06, 2024, 09:33:53 AMLater this month we are going to Diggerland Kent..
It has many diggers and heavy machinery.. They allow you to sit at and operate the controls..
My friend has been and he said that the adults enjoy it more than the kids..

I have driven and worked a small digger when we were doing the footings on the house.. and friends/neighbours would have a go.. Men (especially) love to get behind the controls of this sort of machinery..
 Anyone on here driven /operated large machinery/vehicles ?

No.. we are not taking any children.. Adults only.. :clap

Driven one of these
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

Great stuff...
Vlad.. Is it right that the tank driver can not see where he is going.. and is directed by another..?

Raven.. At least you had a go on the harvester and tractor.. I would loved to have tried..
I don't do reverse though..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 06, 2024, 11:48:30 AMGreat stuff...
Vlad.. Is it right that the tank driver can not see where he is going.. and is directed by another..?

Raven.. At least you had a go on the harvester and tractor.. I would loved to have tried..
A tank driver can only see to the front, unless he sticks his head out!
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 06, 2024, 11:48:30 AMGreat stuff...

You have periscope when you are in hatch down which is ok for seeing straight headed  with an angle of about 120  degrees, Commander advises of traffic on left and right when hatches are open. 

July 06, 2024, 12:47:47 PM
Quote from: JBR on July 06, 2024, 12:34:17 PMA tank driver can only see to the front, unless he sticks his head out!
Correct, but it's an AFV armoured fighting vehicle...😉

Alex

I've driven a bus, only a 20 seater but I didn't really enjoy it.

Scrumpy

I've driven a bus.. It was stationary though.. 
and the kids all sang 'The Wheels On the Bus' 

klondike

There are places you can drive tanks on away days.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on July 06, 2024, 04:01:54 PMThere are places you can drive tanks on away days.
Ukraine?

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 06, 2024, 05:17:48 PMLots of places

https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/driving-experiences/tanks/
Good.  If those things encourage more of our youth to join up - and the government to pay for more forces - the better for us all.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

I'll dig out a picture of the armoured car parked in the driveway of a house on the beach just behind the caravan we used to have if I can find it. The bloke ran a place selling tank days. 

He was the one who supposedly found millions of pounds worth gold in an old Russian tank he'd bought.it was just a publicity stunt though.

Scrumpy

Vlad