Truancy

Started by dextrous63, July 05, 2024, 12:38:46 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

So, am sunning myself in Turkey.

One thing I have noticed is the existence of several British children of school age.  Obviously some of these have finished their GCE/GCSE exams, and can do as they see fit.
But not all of them.

Presumably, they're happy to take the £60 fine to save a few quid compared to the hiked prices over the Summer holidays.

Would you ever do such a thing?

Scrumpy

Yes I would.. The cost of a holiday during summer break is horrendous.. 
Firms certainly do hike up the prices at these times making it impossible for some families to even get a break..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

muddy

klondike

Was never an issue when I had school age children. These days I would without hesitation. Saves them a couple of weeks of woke indoctrination too.

dextrous63

As a (retired) teacher, I ought to play the party line.  But, truth be told, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

In retrospect, I wish I had taken some unpaid leave of absence to take my offspring away.

Anyway, I think that this (which I took and uploaded to YouTube a few minutes ago) is damned sight more useful on many levels than sitting in a school.  Dalaman

ansu

In Germany the summer holidays at school don't start at the same time in every part of Germany. So we can save a lot of money if we choose the right airport, i.e. an airport where school already had started. 

GrannyMac

Scottish schools are on holiday now, they go back quite soon after the English schools start.  I'm taking a granddaughter to Scotland at the end of July, before my great niece goes back to school.  

My oldest granddaughter, at 6th form college has already broken up for summer.  Her younger brother who has another year before he moves up, isn't impressed! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: ansu on July 08, 2024, 04:46:05 PMIn Germany the summer holidays at school don't start at the same time in every part of Germany. So we can save a lot of money if we choose the right airport, i.e. an airport where school already had started.

Oh dear!  So you don't take your children on holiday with you?
(Yes, I know.  Joking!  🤣)

July 08, 2024, 06:59:31 PM
I clicked 'Yes' to the poll.  I always take my wife with me on holiday.  We don't have any children.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on July 08, 2024, 06:57:56 PMJuly 08, 2024, 06:59:31 PM
I clicked 'Yes' to the poll.  I always take my wife with me on holiday.  We don't have any children.
Marge has one child..... You!😬