Imposter...

Started by Scrumpy, July 04, 2024, 09:46:36 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I might pop up the road later and put my X in a box..
The problem is that I might get turned away..
My drivers license shows a pic of some unsmiling old hag with scruffy hair.. 

THAT IS NOT ME...  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

My driving licence photo is unfortunately fairly new and shows a scruffy old tramp. The bus pass photo has never been changed so it's 15 years old now but looks no better.

Vlad

My veterans ID card which I received about 3 months ago from the MOD is not acceptable at polling stations, my Blue badge is though.
They say that if you look like your passport photo then you are too ill to travel. 😀
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Raven

My Bus Pass pic still has me with dark hair. :grin:

Vlad

My passport still has a picture of me with hair!

1955vintage

My passport photo shows me with hair..................not a lot but more than now.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

Quote from: Vlad on July 04, 2024, 11:13:18 AMMy passport still has a picture of me with hair!
:grin: :grin:

July 04, 2024, 11:38:39 AM

I bet they pass the ID pics around so they can have a giggle.. :grin: :grin: :grin:

JBR

My passport still reflects my continuing appearance today of alluring handsomeness.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Scrumpy

Voting done.. 
A young lad took my drivers license and gave it a quick glance.. he checked the address.. Not once did he look at my face.. I guess he was too frightened to.. :wtf:

GrannyMac

Postal voting means no one has to see my pic!  😉
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I'm going to cancel my postal vote option.

It's further to the post box than the polling station for me and with all the put Form A into envelope B making sure form C is signed inside the box in black pen and completed while facing Nor Nor West probably quicker.

Plus I get to argue with them that the handsome fellow before them really is the ancient scruffy old tramp on the driving licence or alternately the callow youth on the bus pass. If out of date passports are allowed I have with with either a Mexican bandit or Arab terrorist on it somewhere from when I experimented with a moustache.

Diasi

I voted, Reform of course, on my way back from the school run this morning.

I said to the young woman who was checking the IDs that she was supposed to say I didn't look old enough for a bus pass.

Anyway it gave them a laugh on what is a long boring day, having once done polling station & count duties.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I voted Reform too, it's a Labour stronghold but I don't care !    The polling clerk looked about 14 and a queue was forming outside the portakabin on Morrison's car park.  My son didn't vote, I'm a bit peed off with him.   

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on July 04, 2024, 08:38:49 PMI voted Reform too, it's a Labour stronghold but I don't care !    The polling clerk looked about 14 and a queue was forming outside the portakabin on Morrison's car park.  My son didn't vote, I'm a bit peed off with him.   
Well you'll be able to tell him that no matter how bad things get he's not entitled to complain as he didn't vote.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]