Michael Rolls

Started by klondike, June 27, 2024, 07:37:53 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 29, 2024, 04:38:34 AMNow that he has been found, it has to be said the Cass hasn't posted for over a week.🤷🏻�♂️
Cassandra (Martin)  only replies when he reads something of interest to him.. and  rightly so.. he doesn't participate in games etc..
If he was absent for any length of time I would get in touch with him..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Not so worrying when Cass doesn't post as I don't think he lives alone. 
Plus he now has his old friend at the "bottom of the garden" 
A weekly letter from America would be great from Cass as I do enjoy his stories, but I imagine his life is quite busy  :upvote: 

Raven

Mike has his email on his profile page, as do I.

Alex

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 29, 2024, 11:04:36 AMNot so worrying when Cass doesn't post as I don't think he lives alone. 
Plus he now has his old friend at the "bottom of the garden" 
A weekly letter from America would be great from Cass as I do enjoy his stories, but I imagine his life is quite busy  :upvote: 
I, too, miss his interesting posts and hope that he is still OK.
Yes, perhaps he's too busy, or possibly on holiday somewhere without internet connection.  No, I hope it's not China!
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 29, 2024, 06:07:43 AMThanks, everyone, your concern is much appreciated. I've been a bit down of late as the number of friends and relatives I have lost in the last feew years has somehow come crashing down on me -one of the penalties of old age

Cheer up Michael,  we can all get a bit down at times,  but it usually passes. 
I am glad you are posting again. 

dextrous63

Good to see you post Mike.

Thanks for the background info on Cass, everyone else.

Cassandra

Hello all. We've been across the lake to  Milwaukee for about 10 days (in an old retro restored float plane), courtesy of my cousin Coop, as he's been ferrying people across all week for a trade festivel. Stayed in a quayside hotel. About 70 miles away, really a hop, very misty as we left early. A busy bustling city its famous for it's beer and cheese festivals. Annies father was a director of one of the largest breweries there and she inherited his shareholding. This experience has definitely not been a healthy one - but glorious as a counter benefit in it's tasteful ruin. Found myself at an American Judges Dinner one night which was a great experience. They were mostly all upset about no Capital Punishment being presently allowed in Wisconsin (last hanging was in 1850 I think), so altogether they were depressed. However as some splendid ales were available as a post prandial extra, the evening was by no means a failure. Nearly everyone had a chauffeur driven carriage afterwards and someone belatedly mistook me as someone's Butler.

"Make the best Butlers do the Brits" I overheard one say. So as I asked the commenter if I could "fetch your coat sir? "Sure can" was the reply! I got a five dollar tip too!

We watched 'Biden's last round up' the other night on CNN in the local 'Republican' Club. They were running a bet whether he'd expire before the show ended! Frankly many here are ashamed of him. "Trouble is Judge, them damn Democrat's got themselves a party within a party - Team Biden v the rest". Its open book opinion here that Obama is running the US day to day and literally pulling the puppet's strings. At the last moment in late October 'Uncle Joe' will either be 'encouraged to resign' or have a convenient, long overdue seizure. Then Mr's Obama appears stage left at the last moment, as the new Presidential candidate and sweeps The Don aside. Their political 'messages'(TV ads) are hilarious too and are worth watching alone for their callous humour!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Martin
You ought to frame that $5 bill!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Annie's doing it as I post Mike! Very disappointed that we missed out on the Cricket, but India played really well, especially Bumrah. He reminds me so much of Trevor Bailey with the ball.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Sounds like you had a great time Cass, I love the ' butler' incident !   :grin:  :grin:   

dextrous63

Agreed.  Love the butler story.

Having said that, next time you're over in Blighty Cass, I do have some shoes that need cleaning.  Be a dear and get it sorted will you?  There might be a little something for you if you do😬

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Always a good read from Cassandra..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 30, 2024, 09:15:00 AMAlways a good read from Cassandra..
Hear, hear.
Yes, a very interesting bloke.

I am not surprised at the suggestions of Obama pulling Sleepy Joe's strings.  Certainly, someone does.

The impression I get is that some states do not allow capital punishment and others do.  It would be interesting to be able to compare serious crime levels compared to death sentences.
Of course, from what I have seen of some police activity, they don't really need to hang them (or whatever), as the police are quite happy to shoot the buggers!
Numquam credere Gallicum