Taking all the crap..

Started by Scrumpy, June 20, 2024, 12:36:41 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Sunak is taking all the stick  .. He certainly wasn't the right man for the job but there were few left who could do it.. 
I bet he will be glad to get out of it..

I think the trouble started with Johnson.. He still believes that his opinion is important.. He writes a column in the mail.. Often pointing out where others are going wrong.. What a joke..
It was he who brought the Conservatives down.. An arrogant liar who took no responsibility for his actions.. 

I maybe wrong.. I was a fan of his and very disappointed when he was  replaced..  He was the best they had... 

This election will change the government (in power) for many years to come..
I doubt i will see another Conservative government in my lifetime..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

The only reason they got in last time was Nigel Farage.

Ironic really as this time he may actually be a good part of their destruction.

200 years of history fast approaching the close

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 20, 2024, 12:36:41 PMSunak is taking all the stick  .. He certainly wasn't the right man for the job but there were few left who could do it..
I bet he will be glad to get out of it..

I think the trouble started with Johnson.. He still believes that his opinion is important.. He writes a column in the mail.. Often pointing out where others are going wrong.. What a joke..
It was he who brought the Conservatives down.. An arrogant liar who took no responsibility for his actions..

I maybe wrong.. I was a fan of his and very disappointed when he was  replaced..  He was the best they had...

This election will change the government (in power) for many years to come..
I doubt i will see another Conservative government in my lifetime..

Best liar and con-man they've had in years, the old saying,

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me,"! Suits my response to him , as he openly lied to me and millions of others and lost us forever on the way.

I was very disappointed when he spewed up on all his (her) green rubbish. Lets hope gone forever from the political stage. My hope for this takes solace from the fact that his trousers govern his exotic and expensive lifestyle.

The £165k salary his PM's package paid, can be a pocked up easily in two after - dinner speech's say an hour and a half in total - and he needs stoking frequently at this level to pay for the aftermarket of his sexual dalliances.

For me, now as toxic as Polonium 210!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

ansu

Sometimes I have difficulties in understanding the British mentality. However, I never could understand how it was possible that Boris Johnson became prime minister. As we say he turned the sheath according to the direction of the wind. First he was for the EU, then he was for the Brexit and ...... 
I know, you are happy about the Brexit, but sometimes I ask myself what did you win - migrants are still crossing the Channel and whether Rwanda will be a success story - let's wait and see. 
According to a documentary I saw on German TV the north of England isn't really flourishing now. Maybe I'am wrong - there are lots of crises all over the world at the moment, but I think that in such times we should stick together. 
Another mystery for me is Nigel Farage - during the Brexit decision he was the "leader", then he disappeared and now he is back again - maybe someone can enlighten me. 
Sorry!

klondike

The majority of the voters wanted to leave the EU but the majority of the politicians didn't. That's why actually leaving produced such a poor deal and why so little has been done to take advantage of having left.

Nigel Farage lead the Brexit party who won the Euro elections massively. The party  stood down for the Conservatives in our national election  to get the mess finalised. He made a poor decision in some ways as although we finally left the deal achieved was poor. With Brexit done the party was renamed Reform and Farage passed the reigns over to Richard Tice.

Johnson divorced and married one of his mistresses who was hot on green issues and as he is lead by what's in his his trousers rather than his brain that influenced his actions. Many bad decisions were made and the party moved ever leftward in its actions.

Now the public has got heartily fed up with the mess the Conservative party are making of everything. A snap election was called and Farage scented a chance for Reform so he has become leader again and is standing for a seat in parliament. He is a charismatic character but what we also call a Marmite character - loved by some and hated by others.

The outcome of our coming election is almost certainly a Labour landslide. What isn't clear is just how big the Conservative defeat will be and whether it could be big enough for more than a handful of Reform MPs  to get elected.

These are my views. Others will differ.

JBR

Quote from: ansu on June 21, 2024, 10:26:42 AMAnother mystery for me is Nigel Farage - during the Brexit decision he was the "leader", then he disappeared and now he is back again - maybe someone can enlighten me.
Sorry!
Many of us believe that we never actually achieved a true Brexit.  The real problem is that many of our glorious leaders didn't want it.  The PM when the vote was taken, Cameron, ran away when he didn't get his way!  Others since have made efforts to placate the EU (probably because they too didn't like the referendum) by giving away some of what we had potentially gained by leaving the EU; freedom to decimate our fishing areas, for example.
Yes, migrants are still crossing the Channel in droves, but this is because our government (and civil service) either don't know what to do about it, or perhaps they want even more of them for some reason.  Then, of course, although we have paid the Frogs to prevent them leaving their shores, it has been actually witnessed that they have often simply turned a blind eye as the boats set sail.  They have even accompanied the boats to the mid point of the Channel to ensure they got there where, of course, our 'rescue' vessels happily collect as many as they can.

As for Farage, he did lead the push for Brexit.  He never actually disappeared, but until this upcoming election arrived earlier than planned, he initially decided it was not worth him standing for parliament because there had been no notice of Sunak's sudden plans and he felt he would not have the time an opportunity to make preparations to stand.  Soon afterwards, though, due to mass public support, he changed his mind and promised to stand as leader of the Reform party.  Ever since that time, numbers supporting that party have increased enormously.  He is, in fact, probably the best and most convincing politician now in the running.

Sorry.  Whilst I was typing, Klon beat me to it!
Numquam credere Gallicum

muddy

Quote from: ansu on June 21, 2024, 10:26:42 AMSometimes I have difficulties in understanding the British mentality. However, I never could understand how it was possible that Boris Johnson became prime minister. As we say he turned the sheath according to the direction of the wind. First he was for the EU, then he was for the Brexit and ......
I know, you are happy about the Brexit, but sometimes I ask myself what did you win - migrants are still crossing the Channel and whether Rwanda will be a success story - let's wait and see.
According to a documentary I saw on German TV the north of England isn't really flourishing now. Maybe I'am wrong - there are lots of crises all over the world at the moment, but I think that in such times we should stick together.
Another mystery for me is Nigel Farage - during the Brexit decision he was the "leader", then he disappeared and now he is back again - maybe someone can enlighten me.
Sorry!
You got it we are Donald Ducked ! 

Alex

I agree with Klondy and JB.
Boris had charisma, a very clever man whose brains were unfortunately in his pants.
Nigel Farage didn't disappear, he had his own show on GB News every night at 7pm and his viewing figures were more than the BBC.  Love him or hate him, he talks sense, which we've been missing for a long time.

As for not understanding the British mentality Ansu, neither do I sometimes !  I would though query the German mentality or rather Merkel's mentality "Wir shaffen das" but did you ?  Germany since 2015 is not the Germany I knew and loved.  How on earth could she let in so many undocumented people, many of whom continued their journey to UK ?

klondike

I think there are Germans still ashamed of what was done some generations back. There are even laws that prohibit denial of what happened and display of the regalia and even a marching song from those days.

That past engenders a pretty liberal government now who have even voluntarily limited their military capability but maybe that bit has changed. They do still love rules though don't they. Better not mow that lawn on a Sunday for instance  :grin:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 21, 2024, 11:44:38 AMAs for not understanding the British mentality Ansu, neither do I sometimes !  I would though query the German mentality or rather Merkel's mentality "Wir shaffen das" but did you ?  Germany since 2015 is not the Germany I knew and loved.  How on earth could she let in so many undocumented people, many of whom continued their journey to UK ?

I completely agree, Alex. 
Mutti seems to have been the one leader to encouraged, along with other silly mistakes, the free entry of illegal immigrants.

I have enjoyed visiting Germany in the past but we have not been there for some years now, possibly not since 2015 or thereabouts.  Consequently, I haven't experienced the country changing much since then, though I do take your point.

Of course, the fact that so many of them continue to the UK is entirely our own fault, or at least the fault of our hopeless government and civil service.
Numquam credere Gallicum

ansu

You are right - Germany has changed a lot not only during the last few years, but after WW II. First all the refugees - not everywhere welcome - then the "guest workers" from Southern Europe and the Turkey and in more recent time the refugees from Syria, Afghanistan etc. As far as I know in 2015 Merkel had no choice - the refugees just started marching from the railway station in Budapest and were convinced that nothing and nobody could stop them. What I blame Mrs. Merkel for too, is that they weren't registered, but maybe there were too many of them - I don't know. 
Germans still are confronted with their past and always have a feeling of guilt. If something goes wrong, in foreign papers there are pictures of one or the other of our politicians looking like Hitler, i.e. a reminder - don't forget your past. That's the back of the medal. 
As a student I visited France and England in 1961 and believe me, it wasn't easy for a German at that time, so sometimes I preferred to say that I was Hungarian. 
On the one side the fall of the wall was a blessing for Germany, on the other side we still have problems in growing together. I had lots of discussions with people living in Eastern Germany, but I still have problems in understanding them or their views resp. 
Yesterday I read in one of our papers that Orban is disappointed of Germany as it's a multicultural country now. However, I think world has changed a lot since WW II. When I was young I always thought Germans could learn a lot from other European people - what an interesting  mixture would it be. 
Today we live in a global world - so things have changed. 

JBR

Quote from: ansu on June 22, 2024, 09:55:24 AMYou are right - Germany has changed a lot not only during the last few years, but after WW II. First all the refugees - not everywhere welcome - then the "guest workers" from Southern Europe and the Turkey and in more recent time the refugees from Syria, Afghanistan etc. As far as I know in 2015 Merkel had no choice - the refugees just started marching from the railway station in Budapest and were convinced that nothing and nobody could stop them. What I blame Mrs. Merkel for too, is that they weren't registered, but maybe there were too many of them - I don't know.
Germans still are confronted with their past and always have a feeling of guilt. If something goes wrong, in foreign papers there are pictures of one or the other of our politicians looking like Hitler, i.e. a reminder - don't forget your past. That's the back of the medal.
As a student I visited France and England in 1961 and believe me, it wasn't easy for a German at that time, so sometimes I preferred to say that I was Hungarian.
On the one side the fall of the wall was a blessing for Germany, on the other side we still have problems in growing together. I had lots of discussions with people living in Eastern Germany, but I still have problems in understanding them or their views resp.
Yesterday I read in one of our papers that Orban is disappointed of Germany as it's a multicultural country now. However, I think world has changed a lot since WW II. When I was young I always thought Germans could learn a lot from other European people - what an interesting  mixture would it be.
Today we live in a global world - so things have changed.
A very interesting and informative post.  Thank you.

Yes, both of our countries, and probably some other European countries such as France, are undoubtedly 'multicultural' now.  That is not a bad thing necessarily, and can in fact be advantageous to us.
The one thing which I find possibly dangerous is a matter of proportion.  As long as people of other cultures or origin, especially from the third world and majority muslim countries, remain a minority perhaps that is not a big problem.  
However, the rate at which such people continue to arrive in the Channel, and our idiotic Border Farce continues to make the effort to go out and pick them up, I'm beginning to see what can - and I'm sure will - happen to my country in the not too distant future.
Fortunately, I am 'knocking on a bit' now and have no children, but what a shame that our 'future history' will relate nothing less than a long-term take-over of our once-great nation.
Numquam credere Gallicum

ansu

You are right, but I think there were always people looking for a better life irrespective of their religion and China is making an effort to become the next "world power", i.e. as important as it used to be once and I have my doubts that this will be better for the future generation. 
In Germany, for instance, not every muslim is a practicing muslim and not willing to integrate. What's a fact is that they are the so-called silent minority and, of course, have a different mentality. But don't you think that in a way there's also a difference in mentality between the Brits and the Germans, for instance. Germans can't understand the British humour, Brits say that the Germans go into the cellar to laugh. 

JBR

Quote from: ansu on June 23, 2024, 03:39:16 PMBrits say that the Germans go into the cellar to laugh.
Hahaha!   I've never heard that one!

I also don't believe that Germans don't have a sense of humour.  Not from the ones I've met, anyway.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

Quote from: JBR on June 23, 2024, 05:01:03 PMHahaha!   I've never heard that one!

I also don't believe that Germans don't have a sense of humour.  Not from the ones I've met, anyway.

Name me a German comedian JB  :grin: