An Angry German Citizen

Started by Alex, June 16, 2024, 03:15:01 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Yesterday I got into a heated 'debate' with a German man, at a church 'do' would you believe !   At first I thought he was joking and I certainly didn't bring up the topic of BREXIT,  but once he realised we were English he went full speed into a rant shouting about the 'gangster' British Government and UK leaving Europe.  Yes, I pointed out we'd only left the EU but he was so angry, I could feel myself backing away from him, well he was 6ft !

His major moan was the British requirement for EU nationals to apply for ' settled status'  Must admit I know nothing about this, why would I ?  I also asked if he'd be happier living back in Germany (sniggers) he replied his wife couldn't get a job in Germany, even though she was a teacher and spoke fluent German.  :rolleyes:
Apparently the whole procedure had cost him £45,000 - not sure I believe that.

Anyway, we saw that his car had German plates, even though he'd been living here for a few years AND the tax had run out !  My friend suggested we should grass him to the bizzies, of course we didn't.  :yay:

Scrumpy

Too late.. You should have let his tyres down..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Neither of us could bend that far down Scrumps  :grin:

JBR

We have been on holiday in Germany, and since we left the EU, but have fortunately not met such arrogant people.  In fact, the people we have met have been very friendly and have never mentioned our leaving the EU.

Perhaps you just happened to come across a bit of an oddity!  We certainly have some of our own like that.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

I've never met anyone like him in Germany JB, this was Liverpool and the vote was 8 years ago ffs.   You're right, perhaps he was a Dieter Meldrew  ?  :grin:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 16, 2024, 06:41:41 PMI've never met anyone like him in Germany JB, this was Liverpool and the vote was 8 years ago ffs.  You're right, perhaps he was a Dieter Meldrew  ?  :grin:
Ah, Liverpool!  That explains it then.  
Some rather fierce people in Liverpool.
Numquam credere Gallicum