C Cleaner.

Started by Raven, June 05, 2024, 02:32:38 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Do anyone of you use it? The free version? I have been using it for a few years but today I tried to use it only to find it's no longer free.  :angry: They've updated it and started charging.  :yell:

klondike

I've not used it for ages but just downloaded the free version from

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

It runs just fine. You probably clicked one of the Pro upgrade links.

Annoyingly by default if considers login cookies to be junk and has logged me out everywhere. and has unlinked me from Whatsapp. I'll doubtless find other annoyances later. It's probably why I haven't used it for ages. It's certainly why I've uninstalled it just now.

Alex

This is a blast from the past, I used this many years ago it was called Crap Cleaner I think :grin:

Raven

Quote from: klondike on June 05, 2024, 03:01:10 PMI've not used it for ages but just downloaded the free version from

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

It runs just fine. You probably clicked one of the Pro upgrade links.

Annoyingly by default if considers login cookies to be junk and has logged me out everywhere. and has unlinked me from Whatsapp. I'll doubtless find other annoyances later. It's probably why I haven't used it for ages. It's certainly why I've uninstalled it just now.

Finally, got it reloaded and working again, thanks for the link. :smiley:

klondike

I'm still re-adding the various logins and things it decided were junk.

Raven

Yes it's a pest resetting it NOT to delete things, but once you do it's fine and will only clean what I want. :smiley:

klondike

I had forgotten just how much it junks by default.

Diasi

I've used it for years & still do, CCleaner & Malwarebytes are the first two programs I install on a new computer.

Apart from those two I always use the Windows security features.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]