Leader Debate.

Started by Diasi, June 05, 2024, 07:40:43 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

According to the viewers votes, Sunak beat Starmer 51% to 49%.

It doesn't bode well for the UK with a Starmer led Labour Government.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on June 05, 2024, 07:40:43 AMAccording to the viewers votes, Sunak beat Starmer 51% to 49%.

It doesn't bode well for the UK with a Starmer led Labour Government.
No, it doesn't. They said John Major was a grey man, KS is even greyer.  Dull.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Could be worse.  Labour might have had an Ian Duncan Smith clone as leader.  He was the "quiet man", as in mute. Even that was too loud.😬

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on June 05, 2024, 07:40:43 AMIt doesn't bode well for the UK with a Starmer led Labour Government.
Brace yourself. At least you've got that pension rise to help tide you over.

A quote about the debate from Breitbart...

Sunak vs Starmer Snoozefest saw leaders accuse each other of wanting to put up taxes... and they were both right.

Scrumpy

Starmer always reminds me of a rabbit caught in headlights..  Very dull.. Looks like he is about to burst into tears..
Sunak. !!... Like a kid arguing in the playground.. 'Ner, ner ner'

The puppeteer wasn't around to pull their strings..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

As expected, the two of them were only interested in making empty promises and, to a much greater extent, making accusations of each other.

That is the standard of our leadership these days, and has been for over twenty years.  Of course the country is sinking and that is to be expected, especially as people vote in Starmer next month.

People never learn.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

It gets better though...BBC One from 7.30pm Friday, June 7.   Penny Mordaunt will take to the podium for the Tories, while Angela Rayner will be the representative from Labour.   

CAN'T WAIT  :cool:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 05, 2024, 02:37:41 PMIt gets better though...BBC One from 7.30pm Friday, June 7.  Penny Mordaunt will take to the podium for the Tories, while Angela Rayner will be the representative from Labour. 

CAN'T WAIT  :cool:

Oh, I can wait, and not bother even looking.  The Biased Broadcasting Company cannot be believed.
Numquam credere Gallicum

GrannyMac

That should be worth a watch! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

People forget that the  Labour Party's last government introduced the phrase 'Stealth taxes '. Their promise to not raise working people taxes , Income, VAT and NI, is phoney. If they will not raise taxes for working people , then they will go after the pensioners , again. Last time they raised billions by taxing pension funds.

Be ready for higher hospital parking fees.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Quote from: 1955vintage on June 06, 2024, 10:07:08 AMPeople forget that the  Labour Party's last government introduced the phrase 'Stealth taxes '. Their promise to not raise working people taxes , Income, VAT and NI, is phoney. If they will not raise taxes for working people , then they will go after the pensioners , again. Last time they raised billions by taxing pension funds.

Well, they have to support themselves somehow.  Tax the idiots who vote for them!
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Ignore any claims about tax that anyone makes.  Utter drivel.

Cassandra

Quote from: 1955vintage on June 06, 2024, 10:07:08 AMPeople forget that the  Labour Party's last government introduced the phrase 'Stealth taxes '. Their promise to not raise working people taxes , Income, VAT and NI, is phoney. If they will not raise taxes for working people , then they will go after the pensioners , again. Last time they raised billions by taxing pension funds.

Yes after all "... my wife works for the NHS"

"... The NHS is in my DNA"

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

Quote from: Cassandra on June 06, 2024, 07:43:09 PMYes after all "... my wife works for the NHS"

"... The NHS is in my DNA"

Exactly.  One of my best friends is an Islamic Jewish Hermaphrodite, currently transitioning, and is an ex primary/secondary/sixth form teacher of (take your pick....) now working in the NHS as a (take another pick).....

Cassandra

I have to admit meeting him during our careers at the Bar on quite a few occasions - lastly when he headed up the DPP.

As I've said before here, I consistently found him an honest decent hard working advocate, with no side.

A real dog-lover too

But because his views of Brexit and the EU, are exactly the opposite of mine, I couldn't consider supporting him.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...