An Exciting Letter From the DWP

Started by Diasi, June 04, 2024, 07:29:10 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

Quote from: klondike on June 06, 2024, 11:30:24 AMTo hear politicians talk about pension increases they must think that too. Comes from living on expenses I suppose.

Yes,   it must be pretty good being able to put everything on their expenses.
I reckon I could get quite carried away with such luxury.  :smiley:

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on June 06, 2024, 11:24:28 AMReally?    Blimey,  I thought he could buy us all lunch for 25p.  :wink:

Perhaps he could save it for a month, then take us. 

Shows the last time you dipped your hand in your pocket to pay for a round.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 06, 2024, 06:40:33 PMShows the last time you dipped your hand in your pocket to pay for a round.

True.    :smiley:

The way things are going, it will be a bit longer yet an' all.  :grin:

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on June 06, 2024, 09:52:15 PMTrue.    :smiley:

The way things are going, it will be a bit longer yet an' all.  :grin:

Arthritic fists 

klondike

Diasi hasn't posted since the day he started this. I reckon he's out on a bender celebrating.  :grin:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

1955vintage

My DWP change of pension came through with an increase of £90 every four weeks. Great until my payslip from my private pension showed an increase in income tax of £40, 40% tax on my pension.

Giveth with one hand, take away with other. I do believe that when Starmer and Reeves sit down to do their sums they will confronted with a similar mess to when Labour left office 15+ years ago, the money has run out. More tax is needed to pay for the current plans let alone any election promises. Like Gordon Brown, stealth taxes are the only way. They will tax pension contributions , making my daughter unaware of the way her pension pot will dwindle.............it will be 30+ years before that bites. Pensioners are already paying tax on their income, so little opportunity there. Increase hospital parking, rates and council parking , reduce council services , heaven knows where I can have a pee now.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

dextrous63

I'll just be grateful if I can borrow the council's plastic wreath for half an hour at my funeral.