What's Happening in Ireland ?

Started by Alex, May 15, 2024, 08:11:14 PM

« previous - next »

muddy

Yet more from Ireland .

Alan shatter ( Former Irish Justice and Defence Minister )

' FG Clr for Dublin  Putnam Rane ( who is from Mumbai India originally ) is now being subjected to a FG disciplinary procedures for saying " the entire US economy is ruled by the Jews and Israel" and other comments during Monday's Dublin City Council meeting for breach of the party's pledge to not express stereotyped, prejudiced or discriminatory views.
FG presents as ignoring that her antisemitic dog whistles were simply a natural progression from the inflammatory, unbalanced rhetoric and conduct of Taoiseach Simon Harris on the tragic Israel/ Gaza conflict since he assumed leadership of FG.
Selective condemnations, an economy of truth, avoiding reference to tunnels in Gaza, to Hamas & Hezbollah as Iranian terrorist proxies using civilians as human shields, to thousands of missiles being fired at Israel from both Gaza & Lebanon, repetitively criticising Israel while avoiding criticism of Hamas & Hezbollah, the government publicly embracing Iran, FG inviting Iran's ambassador to FG's Ard Fheis while publicly excluding Israel's ambassador, the government covertly opening an Irish Embassy in Tehran a couple of weeks ago & totally ignoring the toxic rhetoric and antisemitic tropes weekly voiced on our streets by anti Israel protesters & their embracing PFLP & Hamas flags & symbols, also ignoring the bullying of Jewish students in our universities, the escalation in Irish originated online antisemitism,  the real fears of Ireland's small Jewish community together with FG Dublin City Councillors unanimously this Monday October 7 supporting enactment of the boycott Israel Bill ( which I assume had prior agreement from FG leadership) likely all contributed to the councillor's perception her comments aligned with FG policy. That is, until alarm bells rang after her comments generated public criticism from SF & PBP but not from any FG councillor.
Perhaps some of the Taoiseach's commentary should now be subjected to disciplinary procedures? As he attempts to out Shinner SF for perceived electoral gain he is sadly to many outside Ireland rapidly becoming the Jeremy Corbyn of Irish politics.'

JBR

Quote from: muddy on October 09, 2024, 06:06:34 AMThis is an interesting article
The UN Peace keepers in Lebanon included 370 + Irish .

https://reliefweb.int/report/lebanon/ireland-and-unifil-reject-israeli-request-withdraw-peacekeepers-lebanon#:~:text=UNIFIL's%20mission%20in%20Lebanon%20is,of%20the%20Blue%20Line%20border

Not sure about that.  They are described as 'peacekeepers'.  Are they soldiers or civilians?
I know that Ireland has police forces, but do they have an Army of any description.
I understand that they are not members of NATO.
So who exactly are these 'peacekeepers' they have sent to Lebanon?
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

The article says UN peacekeepers - no need to be in NATO for that role. They are the blue hat soldiers.

Vlad

Quote from: JBR on October 09, 2024, 12:51:08 PMNot sure about that.  They are described as 'peacekeepers'.  Are they soldiers or civilians?
I know that Ireland has police forces, but do they have an Army of any description.
I understand that they are not members of NATO.
So who exactly are these 'peacekeepers' they have sent to Lebanon?
From Wikki

The Irish state has a long-standing policy of Non-belligerence in armed conflicts, including Irish_neutrality_during_World_War_II neutrality in World War II
 Ireland's military capabilities are modest. However, the state has a long history of involvement in United_Nations_peacekeeping" operations. Functions of the Defence Forces include Preparation for the defence of the state against armed attack.
Assisting the police force, the including the protection of the internal security of the state. Peacekeeping, crisis management and humanitarian relief operations in support of the United Nations.

Note: "Well armed on the  borders they will on occasions take their frustrations out on you if you stray over the border due to your crap map reading Vlad"
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on October 09, 2024, 02:09:52 PMFrom Wikki

Note: "Well armed on the  borders they will on occasions take their frustrations out on you if you stray over the border due to your crap map reading Vlad"
This from Wiki?
Wow, you're famous, Vlad lad.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

muddy

Quote from: Vlad on October 09, 2024, 02:09:52 PMFrom Wikki

The Irish state has a long-standing policy of Non-belligerence in armed conflicts, including Irish_neutrality_during_World_War_II neutrality in World War II
 Ireland's military capabilities are modest. However, the state has a long history of involvement in United_Nations_peacekeeping" operations. Functions of the Defence Forces include Preparation for the defence of the state against armed attack.
Assisting the police force, the including the protection of the internal security of the state. Peacekeeping, crisis management and humanitarian relief operations in support of the United Nations.

They haven't kept the peace in Lebanon .
Didn't do well in the Ruanda massacres either .

Vlad

Because of the government mantra of non belligerence I suspect. The military must be aggressive otherwise they are just Boy Scouts 

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on October 09, 2024, 10:11:47 PMBecause of the government mantra of non belligerence I suspect. The military must be aggressive otherwise they are just Boy Scouts
I imagine that our armed forces are becoming like our police these days.
Overruled by trendy ideals and lefties, to say nothing of Sir 2TFG Kier, who is doing a marvellous job of sinking this island in one way or another.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Quote from: JBR on October 10, 2024, 10:39:53 AMI imagine that our armed forces are becoming like our police these days.
Overruled by trendy ideals and lefties, to say nothing of Sir 2TFG Kier, who is doing a marvellous job of sinking this island in one way or another.
You imagine correctly JB.🥵

Diasi

Apparently anti-semitism is on the increase in Europe & the UK.

Even in my small town there's a road sign that says 300 yds ahead.

https://bitly.cx/zHRp0

https://bitly.cx/V1oQr

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Vlad on October 09, 2024, 10:11:47 PMBecause of the government mantra of non belligerence I suspect. The military must be aggressive otherwise they are just Boy Scouts

It's not looking good, woke police, woke military, who will save this country ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on October 10, 2024, 06:39:42 PMIt's not looking good, woke police, woke military, who will save this country ?
Reform, of course!  If only enough people would vote them in.
Numquam credere Gallicum

muddy

Oh dear Cork city councillors have decided to ban Netenyahu and his ministers from Cork .

He must be devastated .

Bog trotters ! 

Alex

Why on earth would Netenyahou want to go to bloody Cork, of all places !!! :grin: