King's Portrait.

Started by Raven, May 15, 2024, 08:33:13 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Are they actually arrested and charged with criminal damage? If so that would surely be a criminal conviction which can't be good for career opportunities. Maybe they just don't care.

dextrous63

I'd imagine that back in the day they'd be charged with treason.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 12, 2024, 12:37:34 PMAre they actually arrested and charged with criminal damage? If so that would surely be a criminal conviction which can't be good for career opportunities. Maybe they just don't care.
Career opportunities?  Protesting IS their career!  They probably live at our expense, on the dole.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Cassandra

The silly little 'Lefty' twerp who represents them 'Ben Norman' was on with David Graham today on TalkTV. Measly mouthed, unable to answer direct questions so typical of the mindless cretins churned by British Universities. They've got more planned too. Sue them for 'real time' damages' - both the cause of incitement and more to the point the individuals. The parents of these 'half-formed' offerings won't like paying the bills and that would end that.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

I must say, Cass, that I admire your continued interest in the goings on in the UK today, even though you have now 'gone on to a better place', if you'll pardon the expression!

Regarding the problem of destructive protesters, the answer is simple: bring back the sort of punishments we used to have, not in Victorian days, but only 'wen ah wer a lad' in the 1950s.  No one seems to give a damn these days, and this is why we see so many such problems.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on June 12, 2024, 05:23:54 PMI must say, Cass, that I admire your continued interest in the goings on in the UK today, even though you have now 'gone on to a better place', if you'll pardon the expression!

Regarding the problem of destructive protesters, the answer is simple: bring back the sort of punishments we used to have, not in Victorian days, but only 'wen ah wer a lad' in the 1950s.  No one seems to give a damn these days, and this is why we see so many such problems.

We have an active ex pas group over here, (currently well employed advising bewildered natives on the rules of Cricket!)The study of liars (politicians) is very much an international subject I find. Youtube really shrunk the world.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

muddy

At least the kings portrait is recognisably Charles .

Just seen this dreadful portrait of Kate .

I can only think of one reason why the Tatler ( awful magazine anyway ) would choose  this horrible painting .

Alex

That's worse than Charles' face in the fiery furnace portrait !  The Zambian artist must see her differently to the rest of us.

muddy

I was astonished to read that the artist went to the Slade 
She has done some fairly good primitive stuff ( not outstanding ) 
But this is crap not even O level or whatever they take these days .

The whole thing about a portrait is it has to hopefully bear some resemblance  to the subject .

dextrous63

Scrumpy

I recognised Boy George..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I thought Kylie Minogue was Nicole Kidman  :grin:   It's a joke waxworks exhibition surely ? :smiley:

Ashy

Quote from: Alex on May 15, 2024, 10:01:00 AMAwful, I wonder why he agreed to this ?
I take it Rolf Harris wasn't available.

klondike

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..