It looks like France is in meltdown

Started by klondike, January 30, 2024, 10:14:23 AM

« previous - next »

muddy

The French farmers plan to starve out the Parisians .

Anyone up for a  pro Parisian demonstration ? 

dextrous63

Perhaps the Mona Lisa protestors ought to go and throw soup at these farmers and put them straight😬

muddy

Alex

It takes the French to show the way !  Come on Britain :grin:

muddy

I love the way the French farmers are sleeping in their tractors and have brought large stocks of sausages and wine to sustain them .😀

dextrous63

Quote from: muddy on January 30, 2024, 10:52:26 AMWould that be tinned soup ?
Absolutement NON, Mme!!!!  Fait moi un favour!

Home made, using the finest dung from Garde Republicaine horses.

JBR

I'm glad the Parisians are being sorted out.  After all, most of the country peasants are good people in my limited experience.  The anti-British activities stem from the Parisians and their politicians from what I can see.

I also agree with Alex.  Our farmers (such that we still have) should surround Londonistan which, like Paris, seems to be our 'bete noir'.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

I hardly think they are peasants have you seen the size of those tractors ? 
Sacre Bleu ! 

JBR

Quote from: muddy on January 30, 2024, 01:54:42 PMI hardly think they are peasants have you seen the size of those tractors ?
Sacre Bleu !
Of course I use the word 'peasants' historically to differentiate from what are the 'upper classes' in Paris.

In fact, I'd describe myself as a 'peasant' when I look at the privileged classes in this country, especially the members of the House of Lords!

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on January 30, 2024, 10:52:53 AMIt takes the French to show the way !  Come on Britain :grin:

It is not in our blood to stand up for ourselves.. we have (become) a nation of 'Softies'..
 It is hard to believe that we have fought for the French and fought the Germans..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 01, 2024, 09:30:25 AMIt is not in our blood to stand up for ourselves.. we have (become) a nation of 'Softies'..
 It is hard to believe that we have fought for the French and fought the Germans..
Absolutely.  The general population of this country (excepting the old) are nothing like the population in the mid-20th century.  Changes in laws and attitudes generally have altered how most people now think.
Add to that, the really stupid changes brought about since and including Bliar, have done much damage to the country and have added to the general malaise of its people, to say nothing of the mass immigration from the third-world which we are now seeing.
Sadly, I can see no forthcoming resolution, certainly if (as it appears) the majority vote will invite in Labour to complete the process.

Ashy

Peasants have a right to live off the land, which distinguishes them from the working class.

muddy

I thought peasants went out with serfdom .

JBR

Quote from: muddy on February 01, 2024, 07:18:39 PMI thought peasants went out with serfdom .
It was just a figure of speech, but I'm sure you knew that.