Could there be anyhting more tragic\\\\\/

Started by Michael Rolls, January 21, 2024, 01:39:48 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

A toddler apparently starve to death after his father died of an apparent heart attack, leaving the helpless little one alone

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-68035493
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

A 60 year-old father of a toddler?   My first question was, where is the mother?

More importantly, why did the police apparently do nothing for over seven days and two requests by the social worker?

Too busy 'fighting crime', or perhaps handing out tea to protesters?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Very sad case.. The family were already being watched by social services..
I feel a ' Things have been learned' coming on. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

This was discussed on Farage. Apparently there are two levels of social services keeping an eye. One is a bit skint and the other is parents might murder which they call at risk. I forget what they call the other one but apparently this child was in it. There are lots in it and they, understandably, don't get the same priority. In fact it seems the social worker went beyond the normal when they couldn't get access and asked the police to help.

GrannyMac

Huge family, mother has two more children to the deceased man, she has ten in total if the reports are correct.   

It is indeed a tragedy, for all sorts of reasons.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

It all sounds very Victorian. I have no idea how this sort of thing can be avoided. I imagine if the father had been a junkie rather than elderly and presumably not overly healthy the child would have been taken into care.

It's all such a mess.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on January 21, 2024, 06:20:31 PMIt all sounds very Victorian. I have no idea how this sort of thing can be avoided. I imagine if the father had been a junkie rather than elderly and presumably not overly healthy the child would have been taken into care.

It's all such a mess.
I agree.  The idea of a 60 year-old father looking after a toddler on his own should ring alarm bells.
I still have no idea where the mother was.  Probably toddled off with another bloke, temporarily, then yet another!  If she's had ten altogether, she's obviously been putting it around.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

As a 60 year old, the concept of having a toddler to look after 24/7 sounds like a terrible idea.

The 42 year old mother said that the reason he would be better living with his father was that her own house had stairs without a bannister, and would this be too dangerous.  Although, apparently not too dangerous for her other young children🤷🏻�♂️

She also said that when she heard the news, she rushed round there and it took her 10minutes to get there.  Makes one wonder why she didn't seem to give a flying fig about not hearing from the father nor the child over Christmas.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

muddy

The social worker went above and beyond all her duties she did her best .
The father was known to have heart problems .
What sort of mother doesn't check on her child over Christmas ? 
This is indeed a sad case .