Lydia Gribbin / Just Stop Oil Defendant

Started by Cassandra, December 13, 2023, 03:12:54 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

This stupifyingly arrogant young woman requested a stay of prosecution because it wanted to spend Xmas in India, (no she's not walking there, a long haul flight of course)! She was well and truly told where to go by District Judge Michael Snow, who told her:

"I am afraid I am not going to wait for you to get back from India."

"If you have to miss out on things, you have to miss out on things."

I know I'm defending my class here but not all Judges are woke windbags!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

Woke Windbag. I like that, must remember it.  :wink:

JBR

It is encouraging to hear such words from an apparently competent and strong beak.  
I'm sick and tired of hearing limp and lenient sentences being handed down recently for what I consider to be relatively serious crimes.
Of course, the problem may exist because of a shortage of prison places.
The answer to that is to double-up or even more, perhaps to six to a cell, rather than single occupants with en suite facilities etc.  😠
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Well said Judge, if only we had more like him.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on December 13, 2023, 05:07:18 PMWell said Judge, if only we had more like him.

I can assure you from personal experience the modern ratio is now a very vocal 10-1 against such common sense.

I was once chastised for not allowing a man who had beaten his wife into 80% of her life for the 5th time 'Bail'. He'd crushed her cheekbone into so many pieces the surgeon had to rebuild it like a broken vase. The impact force was similar to that of a sledgehammer he pronounced. Her crime, she'd asked him to keep his drunken voice down in their flat for the sake of the neighbour's children. As a result I was removed from hearing the case, as the local 'tyrants' suggested I was biased!

The loud and shrill voices of these bastions of misplaced virtue are a dangerous and very worrying feature of fast decaying values in today's world. Lord Longford (see Myra Hindley) and uncle to Harriet Harman was the founder father of these, to my mind deranged do-gooder's. Anyway my kind will soon be long gone and the shrill call of 'laissez faire, laissez passer' will prevail unchallenged ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on December 13, 2023, 05:43:37 PMI can assure you from personal experience the modern ratio is now a very vocal 10-1 against such common sense.

I was once chastised for not allowing a man who had beaten his wife into 80% of her life for the 5th time 'Bail'. He'd crushed her cheekbone into so many pieces the surgeon had to rebuild it like a broken vase. The impact force was similar to that of a sledgehammer he pronounced. Her crime, she'd asked him to keep his drunken voice down in their flat for the sake of the neighbour's children. As a result I was removed from hearing the case, as the local 'tyrants' suggested I was biased!

The loud and shrill voices of these bastions of misplaced virtue are a dangerous and very worrying feature of fast decaying values in today's world. Lord Longford (see Myra Hindley) and uncle to Harriet Harman was the founder father of these, to my mind deranged do-gooder's. Anyway my kind will soon be long gone and the shrill call of 'laissez faire, laissez passer' will prevail unchallenged ...
I find it deplorable that such things relating to our penal system simply add to all the other woke activities now prevalent in this country.  Crime pays in broken Britain.
You were very wise to take yourself and your abilities to a far more civilised country.  Actually, I would never have said that in days gone by, but now this country has changed beyond all recognition I'm afraid I despair.

klondike

One lot were cleared by a jury on the grounds that their protest was justified.  Somebody earned their money getting that jury appointed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/nov/16/climate-protesters-cleared-of-causing-criminal-damage-to-hsbc-london-hq

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 13, 2023, 10:05:48 PMOne lot were cleared by a jury on the grounds that their protest was justified.  Somebody earned their money getting that jury appointed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/nov/16/climate-protesters-cleared-of-causing-criminal-damage-to-hsbc-london-hq
Interesting.

"Simply put, the damage was caused during a protest and the defendants say that they were lawfully justified in doing what they did."

I read from that statement that if you are protesting about something, you are legally entitled to cause damage to other people's property.  I shall have to try that some time.

Are our juries so easily bought off?
Are our courts so willing to permit criminal damage, simply if you protest about something?
Is this country completely beyond any restoration of civilisation?

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

I fear the UK has passed a social rubicon. I saw a catharsis in thinking and instruction coming, but never thought the process of change would be effected in such an historically short period, comparative to previous paradigm shifts in human development. The difference is of course 'The Internet'. 'Social media' has been a systemic game-changer and is a conduit that principally allows Gen 'Z' and Millenials to cause their protracted marxist principals to become all that matters. In particular and sadly the stance taken by my previous profession in it's interpretation of statute application's is a prime example of this process. The crossing point in my opinion was the dumping of Edward Colston's statue into Bristol Dock by 'Students' and the pusillanimous verdict handed down at the prosecution of this event. The future is going to be very different with social conflagration developing a weakly governed country towards ultimate ruin.

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on December 14, 2023, 01:09:50 PMI fear the UK has passed a social rubicon. I saw a catharsis in thinking and instruction coming, but never thought the process of change would be effected in such an historically short period, comparative to previous paradigm shifts in human development. The difference is of course 'The Internet'. 'Social media' has been a systemic game-changer and is a conduit that principally allows Gen 'Z' and Millenials to cause their protracted marxist principals to become all that matters. In particular and sadly the stance taken by my previous profession in it's interpretation of statute application's is a prime example of this process. The crossing point in my opinion was the dumping of Edward Colston's statue into Bristol Dock by 'Students' and the pusillanimous verdict handed down at the prosecution of this event. The future is going to be very different with social conflagration developing a weakly governed country towards ultimate ruin.
I think it was May who decided that we had far too many police on the streets and so cut their numbers substantially.
Then we have the courts, who feel it 'fairer' to impose rather pointless sentences on those found guilty of certainly the more 'petty' crimes.  I suppose that with the prisons now being overcrowded, they realise that there is nowhere to put recent criminals.
Perhaps because of this, our police may have been told to turn blind eyes to such things as pulling down statues.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on December 13, 2023, 03:12:54 PMThis stupifyingly arrogant young woman requested a stay of prosecution because it wanted to spend Xmas in India, (no she's not walking there, a long haul flight of course)! She was well and truly told where to go by District Judge Michael Snow, who told her:

I know I'm defending my class here but not all Judges are woke windbags!
Well said that man.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..