Rwanda deal unlawful

Started by klondike, November 15, 2023, 10:24:42 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

In scores of papers by now no doubt Supreme Court rules the Rwanda deal to be unlawful.

What's Rishi's Plan B to meet his very public pledge?

Oh yeah - Suella told us yesterday - there isn't one. Not that it would have worked anyway of course.

dextrous63

Is it just me?

The courts based their decision partly on the likelihood that Rwanda may well send asylum seekers back to the place they're trying to escape from?

Exactly why it'd be a huge deterrent to get a dinghy to the UK.  Which is surely what our desired outcome is.

klondike

Can't send 'em back where they came from if they are fleeing persecution is the idea. Apparently Rwanda does. Slam dunk sunk.

The plan was only to send a few hundred there anyway so not a big enough deterrent.

Ashy

Perhaps the supreme court would like to tell us what we are supposed to do with all these foreign men?

klondike

Well I'd go for internment camps but that's unlawful too.

The place it should be tackled is in the Med where they use big enough ships for turn around to stand a chance of working without sinking them as, unfortunately, it seems that is illegal too.

I'm assuming that the medieval practice of declaring the unwanted to be outlaws and so unprotected by the law isn't legal either.

From some street interviews I saw on GBNews it seems quite a few seem to have fallen for the "poor sods fleeing wars and persecution" line. That's what watching the BBC can do for folk.

Alex

Can't say I'm surprised.   
French and German cities have changed beyond recognition and we're now not far behind them.  Churches desecrated and set on fire, thousands of muslims praying in the streets - happening here already. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1723797311770255537

Cassandra

What a disparate and miserable statement. This is not a ruling, a judgement its a politically framed opinion to suit Sunak and his open-border policies aimed at the Liberal Democraticised voters around Cheam and the Berkshire borders.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Germany has a deal to send illegals to Nigeria, haven't heard of any leftie lawyers kicking off in Berlin !

Cassandra

Rwanda, as a proposal was and is for 500 people only. We also have to accept 2oo Rwandans back as 'citizens' so only a nett 300. This idiot PM can't even get more than 21 people onto a multi million pound 500 place barge on the south coast!

JBR

I can only assume that Germany has the benefit of a government which not only intends to protect its country and its citizens, but seems able to act without being pulled back by their courts and their 'upper house' - i.e. the European Commission.

Somehow, I can't see the UK managing to do what they intend to do.  Were I younger, I'd feel sick and make every effort to emigrate, because I really can't see anything here changing for the better.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on November 15, 2023, 10:38:28 PMI can only assume that Germany has the benefit of a government which not only intends to protect its country and its citizens, but seems able to act without being pulled back by their courts and their 'upper house' - i.e. the European Commission.

Somehow, I can't see the UK managing to do what they intend to do.  Were I younger, I'd feel sick and make every effort to emigrate, because I really can't see anything here changing for the better.
I'd advise against emigrating to Rwanda since it woul appear that they'd only ship you back here.

Has to be said that I've learnt new words over the last few years.  I'd never heard the term "prorogue" until a couple of years ago, and now I know what "refoulement" means which is more than my phone's spellchecker does!!

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on November 15, 2023, 11:28:05 PMI'd advise against emigrating to Rwanda since it woul appear that they'd only ship you back here.

Has to be said that I've learnt new words over the last few years.  I'd never heard the term "prorogue" until a couple of years ago, and now I know what "refoulement" means which is more than my phone's spellchecker does!!

I've always said the Rwanda is a waste of time and money.
We send them a few of ours; they send us a few of theirs.  Complete nonsense.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on November 16, 2023, 09:28:28 AMI've always said the Rwanda is a waste of time and money.
We send them a few of ours; they send us a few of theirs.  Complete nonsense.

Typical Sunak "Management Speak" it seems Fuhrer 'Klaus' is not updating him properly, from Davos on what and what not to say?

Ashy