https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-67204679leased

Started by Michael Rolls, October 24, 2023, 03:47:33 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

One hell of a thread title Klondy.

Anyway, he never said whether he actually was carrying a knife or offensive weapon in that diplomatic bag.  Just saying!!

Cassandra

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

What's in a name !!   Me and Sam were Mr & Mrs Smith..
We got many a look , way back, when checking into a hotel.. .. But we never carried knives.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

morty

My doctor's name is Mohammad . He's rather fanciable .. .if only I was 30 or 40 years more youthful.

dextrous63

morty

:smiley: ... you're right there. I usually prefer older men but they're all in the graveyard now and I don't fancy a blind date and earthy smelling eau de cologne. 

Alex

morty

Raven

Quote from: morty on October 24, 2023, 06:39:52 PMSad to say I prefer mature men, always have done ...  :embarrassed:

My husband was 15 years older than me, towards the end of our marriage he was more bossy than my dad, and that's saying something.  :yell:

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on October 24, 2023, 07:17:06 PMMy husband was 15 years older than me, towards the end of our marriage he was more bossy than my dad, and that's saying something.  :yell:

It's so strange how many men marry and then want to change their partner's nature etc by seemingly impressing their values and mandated opinions upon them? Something I never wanted to do. Destruction of originality is such a sad road to take. I'm an existentialist anyway and enjoyed all my late wife's idiosyncrasies. I loved imitating the East Lancashire accent she'd virtually lost and the terminologies that crept out from time to time. "A headful of jollyrobins" was one I loved hearing.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

I think it's often a two way process Cass.

There's an old saying that a woman spends half her life finding a perfect man, and the second half trying to change him.

No doubt one could easily swap the gender and have an equally true aphorism.

Ashy

I'm more surprised they let him board the flight AFTER he had proved he was an MP. Don't they have any standards?

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]