Scam. New to me

Started by klondike, October 23, 2023, 01:26:56 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Was out and got text saying Evri delivery failed. Am expecting something but not til tomorrow. Nothing through door.

Followed link. They want a CC payment of £1.45 which to me is an obvious scam to get CC details.

Raven

Had those several times. They now go automatically into my spam.

Ashy

This scam more usually purports to come from Royal Mail.

klondike

First text scam I've had. I've binned the number but if it's anything like scam calls there are plenty more. Hope by following the link which I didn't really examine as I would have on a PC  it doesn't lead to more arriving.

dextrous63

Oh dear.  I seem to have annoyed a cold caller.  She phoned and said she was from some energy saving company.  She then said that she understood that I was the home owner.  So, I asked her what my name was.  After a bit of confusion from her side as I'd obviously made her take her eyes off her script, I explained that unless she knew my name, she couldn't possibly know I'm the home owner.

This appeared to annoy her and she said "let's leave it at that" and put the phone down. 😬🤭

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

:upvote: :upvote: :upvote:

I'm getting concerned about climate change myself and am considering one of these...

It does seem too good to be true though...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]